Manuscripts/Mixed Material Publisher's Certificate in Rinehart v. Graves, [Law papers].
- Publisher's Certificate in Rinehart v. Graves, [Law papers].
- Contributor Names
- Baily (Author)
- Created / Published
- Tazewell County, Illinois, September 16, 1851
- Subject Headings
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - Lincoln's law practice
- - Jones, J. A. (Lincoln's law practice)
- - Rhinehart, Abraham (Lincoln's law practice)
- - Graves, Noah (Lincoln's law practice)
- - Merriman, A. L. (Lincoln's law practice)
- - Baily, Duncan J. (Lincoln's law practice)
- - Manuscripts
- - newspaper
- - legal case and case notes
- - Periodicals
- - United States -- Illinois -- Tazewell -- Pekin
- legal case and case notes
- - Summary: Graves owed Rinehart $120 in rent but failed to pay. Rinehart sued Graves in an action of distress for rent to recover the debt. Graves failed to appear, and the court ruled for Rinehart and awarded $120. The court sold eight hundred bushels of corn, twenty bushels of wheat, and four tons of hay for $193.52 to satisfy the judgment. Lincoln role is unclear, but he wrote the publisher's certificate.
- 19.3 x 16 cm.
- Call Number
- Law Papers; Portfolio 2 no. 11
- Source Collection
- The Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana
- Rare Book And Special Collections Division
- Digital Id
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions for the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division, Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.