Sotomayor was confirmed on August 6, 2009 by a vote of 68-31.
"Forward," The International Judge: An Introduction to the Men and Women Who Decide the World’s Cases (Waltham, Mass.: 2007).
"Tribute to John Sexton." 60 N.Y.U. ANN. SURV. AM. L. 123 (2004).
"A Latina Judge's Voice." 13 BERKELEY LA RAZA L. J. 87 (2002).
“La Independencia Judicial: Que Necessitamos Para Conservarla,” 60 REVISTA DEL COLEGIO DE ABOGADOS DE P.R.. 59 (1999).
With Nicole A. Gordon. "Returning Majesty to the Law and Politics: A Modern Approach." 30 SUFFOLK U. L. REV. 35 (1996).
"Statehood and the Equal Footing Doctrine: The Case for Puerto Rican Seabed Rights," 88 YALE L.J. 825 (1978-1979).
These are her two confirmation hearings:
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. Confirmation Hearings on Federal Appointments, Part 9. Washington: US G.P.O., 1992. S. Hrg. 102-505, pt. 9. (PDF, 22.23MB)
United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. Confirmation Hearings on Federal Appointments, Part 2. Washington: US G.P.O., 1998. S. Hrg. 105-205, pt. 2. (PDF, 43.49MB)
According to Lexis (external link), Judge Sotomayor authored 422 opinions when on the bench for the Southern District of New York and 232 opinions with the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. She also wrote 22 concurring opinions and 21 dissents as an appellate judge. Second Circuit opinions are available from the Court’s website (use Sotomayor as a search term).
Oral Arguments for Ricci v. DeStefano, 530 F.3d 87 (2d Cir., 2008) [The New Haven Firefighters case] (MP3)
- ACLU. Report of the American Civil Liberties Union on the Nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to be Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court (external link)
- American Constitution Society. ACS Blog (external link)
- Balkinization (external link)
- BBC. Profile: Sonia Sotomayor (external link)
- The BLT: The Blog of Legal Times (external link)
- C-SPAN. Supreme Court (external link)
- CNN. Special Report: Sonia Sotomayo (external link)r
- George Bush Presidential Library and Museum. Documents related to Judge Sonia Sotomayor (external link)
- Georgetown University Law Library. Supreme Court Nominations Research Guide (external link)
- Law.com. How Appealing (external link)
- Law.com. Legal Blog Watch (external link)
- National Public Radio. Obama Chooses Sotomayor for Supreme Court (external link)
- New York Times. Times Topics: Sonia Sotomayor
- Pace Law Library. Sonia Sotomayor's Commencement Speech at Pace Law School (external link) (2003, video)
- Princeton University. Current News: Princeton Alumna, Trustee Nominated to Supreme Court (external link)
- Supreme Court of the United States Blog. SCOTUSblog (external link)
- U.S. Federal Judicial Center. Biographical Directory of Federal Judges. Sonia Sotomayor
- U.S. Government Printing Office. GPO FDsys.. Senate Committee on the Judiciary: Supreme Court Nomination Hearings (1971 - forward)
- U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. Records Pertaining to Judge Sonia Sotomayor
- U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court - Sonia Sotomayor
- U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary. Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court - Sonia Sotomayor - Questionnaire
- U.S. Senate. Votes: Roll Call Vote 262 On the Nomination of Sonia Sotomayor, of New York, to be an Associate Justice
- The Volokh Conspiracy (external link)
- Wall Street Journal. Law Blog (external link)
- Washington Post. Opening Arguments (external link)
- William J. Clinton Presidential Library & Museum. "Sonia Sotomayor Collection" (external link)
Last Updated: 08/15/2018