To link to this article, copy this persistent link:
(May 02, 2008) The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government and the Republic of Indonesia signed the Agreement Concerning Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters (MLA) on April 3, 2008. The agreement will facilitate international co-operation to combat serious crimes by providing for reciprocal assistance in relation to investigations, proceedings, and prosecutions of criminal offenses. Assistance includes:
• service of documents;
• taking evidence;
• temporary transfer of persons and voluntary appearances;
• executing search warrants; and
• identifying, tracing, restraining, seizing, forfeiting, and confiscating proceeds of crime.
(Press Release, Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Agreement Signed with Indonesia (Apr. 3, 2008), available at http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/200804/03/P200804030220.htm.)
- Author: Lisa White More by this author
- Topic: International law More on this topic
- Jurisdiction: Hong Kong / Indonesia More about this jurisdiction
Search Legal News
Find legal news by topic, country, keyword, date, or author.
Global Legal Monitor RSS
Get the Global Legal Monitor delivered to your inbox. Sign up for RSS service.
The Global Legal Monitor is an online publication from the Law Library of Congress covering legal news and developments worldwide. It is updated frequently and draws on information from the Global Legal Information Network, official national legal publications, and reliable press sources. You can find previous news by searching the GLM.
Last updated: 05/02/2008