Eight calendars featuring the wide-ranging collections of the Library of Congress have been released for 2010. Produced by the Library of Congress in cooperation with Pomegranate Communications, Universe Publishing or Cavallini & Co., the calendars draw on the Library’s collections to illuminate and illustrate different facets of travel, literature, history and film.
Three spiral-bound (easel) travel calendars with a different image for each month highlight the Library’s collection of vintage world-wide travel posters or postcards.
A 365-day padded tear-off desk calendar features quips from a variety of William Shakespeare’s plays.
Two engagement calendars spotlight the accomplishments of women and African Americans (the latter of which is also available as a wall calendar).
A wall calendar features posters of 12 iconic films.
All of the calendars listed are available in the Library of Congress Shop. Order online at www.loc.gov/shop/ or by calling (888) 682-3557.
- Italia (easel): Visit Venice, Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast without ever leaving home (13 x 19 inches, Cavallini & Co., $21.95).
- Vintage Travel: Tours and Cruises (easel): Enjoy the golden age of travel to Europe and other worldly destinations (13 by 19 inches, Cavallini & Co, $21.95).
- Around the World (easel): Travel the world with these playful vintage travel posters and postcards (6 by 6.5 inches, Cavallini & Co., $12.95).
- Shakespeare’s Insults: A 365-day padded tear-off calendar presents brief but blistering excerpts from the bard’s plays. Contextual notes support each quotation (6.25 by 5.25 inches, Pomegranate, $12.99).
- Women Who Dare (engagement calendar): An array of 53 women from all walks of life and historical periods (including the present day) who excelled in widely diverse fields grace the pages of this desk calendar. It also includes important milestones and birthdays in the history of women’s achievements (7 by 8 inches, Pomegranate, $14.99).
- 365 Days of Black History: Working for Change (engagement calendar): Fifty-three historical photographs and artworks accompanied by biographical essays honor individuals or groups that have worked for change. It also includes important birthdays and milestones in black history (7 by 8 inches, Pomegranate, $14.99).
- A Journey into 365 Days of Black History: Working for Change (wall calendar): Pairing essays with historical images, this calendar tells 12 stories of African Americans working for change. Anniversaries of important events in black history are noted throughout (12 by 12 inches, Pomegranate, $13.99).
- Movie Posters: The National Film Registry of the Library of Congress (wall calendar): Movie lovers will enjoy this calendar featuring 12 films selected by the Library of Congress for inclusion on the National Film Registry list. Proceeds from the sale of this calendar go to fund the Library’s efforts to preserve America’s cinematic legacy (12 by 12 inches, Universe Publishing, $13.99).