By PETER SELIGMAN
Every day at noon during the American Library Association conference, the Cataloging Distribution Service (CDS) held three raffle drawings in the Library's exhibit booth for various CDS-produced LC products. Crowds of raffle ticket holders assembled 10 minutes before the drawing each day.
Naturally, not everyone could win a Library of Congress product -- but CDS did give all nonwinners who were present at the drawing a handsome red coffee mug with the message "Celebrating 100 years of Library of Congress Subject Headings" printed on it.
The following ALA conference attendees were the lucky grand prize winners:
Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), 21st Edition
- (John) Sandy Mason (left, photo by Kathryn Mendenhall ), Librarian, Wyoming Seminary, Kingston, Pa.
- Judy Fisk, Public Service Assistant, Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library, Stow, Ohio
- Sandra Roe, Technical Services Librarian, Karl E. Mundt Library, Dakota State University, Madison, S.D.
- Frank Joseph Shulman, Bibliographer, Editor and Consultant for Reference Publications in Asian Studies, College Park, Md.
Classification Plus (latest issue)
- Christine Shupala, Technical Services Librarian, Mary and Jeff Bell Library, Texas A&M University -- Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Suzanne Sweeney, Research Librarian, Jackson Library, Graduate School of Business, Sanford University, Sanford, Calif.
- Rosa Tsi, Cataloger/Chinese Collection Librarian, Cary Memorial Library, Lexington, Mass.
- Zuzana Svastoia, Manager, State Technical Library, Prague, Czech Republic
MARC Content Designation
- Kent Miller, Library Facilities Officer, Watson Library, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- Wil Danielson, Cataloger, United States Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C.
- Yan Ma, Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Library and Information Studies, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, R.I.
- Judy Fisk, Public Service Assistant, Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library, Stow, Ohio.
Mr. Seligman is in Cataloging Distribution Services.