Format Manuscripts/Mixed Material
- Ralph Ellison documents racism in a Harlem bar, June 14, 1939
- First page of a list of code words created by Warren G. Harding ...
- The lonesome mother / Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy
- Page from Patent of O. & W. Wright Flying Machine, May 22, 1906
- C. W. Reed, “’As you were’ in 65,” ca. 1887
- 'The Library of Congress and the War,' by Luther Harris Evans, ...
- The Mugwumps Met Him On The Way
- Carl Sagan home movies of childhood
- Death of Willie Lincoln, February 20, 1862
- Memo from Alan Lomax to Harold Spivacke, January 20, 1942
- Letter, Warren G. Harding to Carrie Fulton Phillips, relating ...
- Sketch of the Atlantic oceanic cable system by Samuel F. B. ...
- Interview with Alfred Leroy Atherton Jr. (Sadat assassination)
- Photograph of Bronislava Nijinska as the Humming Bird Princess ...
- Letter, Alexander Graham Bell to Mabel Hubbard Bell, October 5, ...
- Romeo and Juliet (ballet in 2 parts) / Constant Lambert
- Frederick Douglass's last major speech, 'Lessons of the Hour,' a...
- Hymn of the Trisagion / Ragheb Moftah
- Handwritten hospital nurse night pass with name of John [D.] ...
- Ekstasis (Ballet choreographed by Martha Graham)
- Letter from Woody Guthrie to Almanac Singers, June 19, 1942
- Letter, Orville Wright to Katharine Wright, September 29, 1902
- Letter, John Jones Gresham to Richard Colden Ketchum on college ...
- Diary kept by Frederick Douglass on his tour of Europe and ...
- Title page of Bits of Camp Life
- Sylvia Fine composes at piano
- Entries for April 6, 9 and 14, 1865, including Lee's surrender ...
- [Flight to Mars--trailer].
- C. W. Reed, sketchbook illustration of march
- Letter, Mathew Brady to Samuel F. B. Morse, February 15, 1855.
Results 1 - 2 of 2
Refined by:Original Format: Manuscripts/Mixed Material Remove Original Format: Photos, Prints, Drawings Remove Online Format: Web Pages Remove
The archives consist primarily of music (both manuscript and printed), correspondence, photographs, sound recordings, books, newspaper clippings, printed programs, drawings, and engravings. They span years from the Middle Ages to the present, and include documents of composers, musicians, and literary figures, among others. The music in the collection includes holograph scores or sketches, both published and unpublished, as well as a number of copyists' ...
- Contributor: Moldenhauer, Hans - Weger, August - Schumann, Robert
- Original Format: Manuscripts/Mixed Material - Photos, Prints, Drawings - Notated Music
Ask a librarian: An online reference service from the Library of Congress that allows researchers to submit reference questions to Library of Congress reading rooms and receive expert research assistance (within 5 business days.)
- Contributor: Mendel, Edward - Weger, August - Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Felix - Moss, George H. - Lewis, Robert Hall - Macdowell, Edward - Luboff, Norman - Page, Ruth - Huber, William - Zemlinsky, Alexander
- Date: 1847