This regional view locates the prison camp in relation to Columbia, Macon, and Milledgeville, Ga., as well as the town of Andersonville. Parts of bordering Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina are also indicated.
Map shows the plan of Andersonville Prison Camp including the stockade, the town of Anderson Station on the Macon and Americus Rail Road, the locations of Confederate units serving as guards, and the headquarters of camp commandant Maj. Henry Wirz.
Illustrates the layout of Andersonville Camp, as Sneden refers to the prison, and the surrounding area where Confederate guard troops of the 1st Florida Battery were stationed including the headquarters of Captain Henry Wirz, roads in and out, topographical features such as swampland, a graveyard presumed to be connected with the prison, and "Anderson Village." Sneden revised this map and it is available as ...
Map shows a detailed plan of the Andersonville prison complex including locations of external defenses, guards' and officers' quarters, hospital, storehouses, cook house, and graveyard, and the use of the terrain (swamps, creeks) as boundaries.
Concerns a Confederate prison camp for Northern soldiers that was brand new in October 1864 when Sneden was transferred from Savannah, Ga., back inland to Camp Lawton at Millen, Ga. Sneden shows the 44-acre stockade and then the immediate area outside of the stockade where there was a Confederate camp, fort, hospital, and log residences for the Confederate officers. Also, depicted is a tent ...
Illustrates the fort and its defenses of abatis and rifle pits, the guard camp made of log houses, hospital and surgeon's quarters, commissary, quartermaster, officers' quarters, and prison stockade containing shanties, tents, cooking ovens, and sutler's quarters.
Illustrates a detailed outline of the actual prison yard with acreage and stockade dimensions given. Also, shows the surrounding area where the following sites were located: "death house," graveyard, rifle trenches, forts, including the one where Captain Henry Wirz had his headquarters and loghouse, Union hospital, cook house, and soup house.