Machine-Readable Bibliographic Information Committee
ALA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
June 24-26, 2006
New Orleans, LA
AGENDA (June 20, 2006)
Saturday, June 24, 2006, 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (JW Marriott,
- Introduction of members
- Approval of minutes from MARBI's January 2006 meetings
- Program on MARC usage for Annual 2007
- 2006-07: Definition of subfield $u (URI) in Field 852 (Location) in the
MARC 21 Bibliographic and Holdings Formats
Techniques for incorporation of Former Headings into MARC 21 Authority Records
Defining separate subfields for language codes of Summaries/Abstracts and
Subtitles/Captions in field 041
- 2006-09: Lossless Technique for Conversion of Unicode to MARC-8
Sunday, June 25, 2006 1:30-5:30 p.m. (JW Marriott, Orleans/Rosalie/St.
- Update on RDA: Resource Description and Access
Addition of subfield $r in field 865 to accommodate date of issuance for
- Continued discussion from the June 24 meeting.
- Business Meeting
Data elements needed to ascertain copyright facts
- 2006-DP07: Recording set information for multipart cartographic materials
- 2006-06: Definition of Field 034 for Geographic Coordinates in the MARC
21 Authority Format
Monday, January 26, 2006 1:30-3:30 p.m. (JW Marriott,
No meeting scheduled.
MARC 21 HOME >> U.
S. MARC Advisory Committee