The following music periodicals are available to eligible individuals upon request. For a free subscription, contact the nearest network library, or the Music Section as below.
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress
Washington, D.C. 20542
- Braille Music Magazine
- produced monthly by the Royal National Institute for the Blind. Contains articles from British magazines about classical music and music criticism; reviews new braille music publications.
- Contemporary Sound Track: A Review of Pop, Jazz, Rock, and Country
- Published bimonthly by NLS. A sampler of articles and reviews from national magazines.
Format: audio cartridge and BARD.
- Musical Mainstream
- published quarterly by NLS. Contains selected articles from national magazines about classical music, criticism, and music education. Lists recent NLS acquisitions.
Formats: braille, audio cartridge, large print, and BARD.
- Popular Music Lead Sheets
- published quarterly by NLS. Contains melodies, lyrics, and chords to popular songs ranging from golden oldies to recent hits.
Format: braille, BARD.
- Quarterly Music Magazine
- published quarterly by NLS. Features a different specialized magazine each quarter, usually alternating between a classical music magazine and a popular music magazine. Topic range from opera to jazz, country, music teaching, keyboard and guitar music.
Format: audio cartridge, BARD.
- Sound and Vision
- published monthly by TEN: The Enthusiast Network. Reviews new sound equipment and recordings.
Format: audio cartridge.
For general information and a list of available circulars and catalogs, ask for Facts: Music Services for Blind and Physically Handicapped Individuals. Facts is available in both large-print and braille formats.