October 5, 2016
The Digital Talking-Book Cartridge (DTBC) Write Protection Software has expired. Version 1.6.0 will no longer unlock peach cartridges. The Materials Development Division has updated the software. This program, when installed and operating on a Windows computer, allows you to change the contents of write-protected digital talking-book peach cartridges and to add, change, or maintain the write-protection of network-procured mint green cartridges.
To obtain the updated DTBC Write Protection Software:
- Log in to the Network Library Services website, https://nls.us.baesystems.com/pics.html.
Under the Main menu select the Selected Reports and Documents link.
- Under the heading Software Distribution, select the Digital Talking-Book Cartridge (DTBC) Write Protection Software link.
- Read the introductory material and then select the link Download NLS DTBC Write Protection Software Version 1.6.1.
- Access the installation and use the instructions from the DTBC Write Protection Software, Version 1.6.1, Installation and Use Instructions link.
Step-by-step instructions are available in the BARD training area for:
- installing and using the software to enable peach and mint green cartridges; and
- applying write-protection to mint green cartridges.
For more information contact:
Network Division Chief