- View All
- About this Collection
- Arrangement and Access
- Background and Scope
- Selected Bibliography
- Digitizing the Collection
- Related Resources
- Rights And Restrictions
All images are digitized | All jpegs/tiffs display outside Library of Congress | View All
Arrangement and AccessThe glass plate negatives have been digitized and are available in the Prints & Photographs Online Catalog. The negatives have also been printed and made available through several P&P groups of images, or LOTs:
- LOT 11512 (F) 8x10 inch prints made by LC of 301 glass plate negatives have been made for reference and preservation purposes and are used in lieu of the original negatives. (The two excluded are of very poor quality and are near-duplicates of others.)
- The prints in LOT 11512 were published as a microfiche publication, Photographs by the Wright Brothers: Prints from the Glass Negatives in the Library of Congress: a Micropublication Commemorating the Seventy-Fifth Anniversary of the First Flight by the Wright Brothers, December 17, 1903. Washington, DC: Library of Congress, 1978.
- LOT 11512-A (H) Mabel Beck Collection of photographs related to the Wright Brothers (see Related Resources)
- LOT 11512-B This LOT number was not assigned to any material.
- LOT 11512-C (H) An album of photographic prints from 295 of the glass plate negatives. This album is fragile and cannot be served without special supervision, so patrons use the copy photographs in LOT 11512 instead. Images in the album duplicate prints in LOT 11512, and do not offer any additional information. Album prints are annotated with corresponding Wright negative numbers. Most of the prints show the effects of water damage to the original negative suggesting they were printed after 1913, the year in which the negatives were submerged in water from the Dayton, Ohio, floods.