Photos, Prints, Drawings
National Woman's Party Headquarters is Sold to United States. The National Woman's Party Headquarters, 21 First Street, Northeast, one of the most historic buildings in Washington which was used as the Capitol of the United States from 1815 to 1819 has been taken over by the government and will be torn down to make way for the proposed Supreme Court Building. Attorney General William D. Mitchell is here shown presenting a check for $299,200.00 to Burnita S. Matthews, att[orney] for the Woman's Party, in payment for the site. On the left is Maud Younger, Congressional Chairman of the National Woman's Party.