Manuscripts/Mixed Material [Mrs. Amanda E. Lockered]
“Again another year passes by with no records of any admissions into the church, this was the year 1865. Several called for letters of dismission. Perhaps the closing of the War had something to do again with the work of the church. “Joined in 1866: B. [?]. Martin and wife, E. Martin, Susan Martin, A. B. Blackwell, Lucinda Blackwell, A. E. Brandon, and wife, Sarah Brandon, O. P. Littlefield and wife, Frances Littlefield, Samantha Nix, Marion Nix, Thos. Burnley and “Sister” A. A. Griffin, H. C. McLaughlin, [arah?] Greer, S. J. Moore, Mary Parker.”
“Joined in 1867: W. J. C. Grayson and sister Doranda Grayson,” This is all the new members shown for this year, but a collection was taken to build a new church. The records do not show if one was built then. One notes that each year shows that new families have come into the community by their affiliation with the church.
“Joined in 1868: George L. Wright, Ellen, Mary A. and Ellen [?]. Wright, Sister L. D. Leftin and Thomas [Stolawn?].” An interesting note is here found in the minutes for this year: “following considerable discussion and prayer foot-washing was rejected by a vote of the members. Joined in 1869: J. [?]. Eddins and wife Margaret Eddins, C. Littlefield, Rachael Bronson. Joined in 1870: None.”
“Joined in 1871: Tisel Jackson and H. Jackson, Martha E. Grayson, John and Sarah Burrows, James Williams, William Maxey and sister M. R.