For an extensive guide on how to do business with the government, see the guide on Federal Government Contracting at http://www.loc.gov/rr/business/contracts/
Atkinson, Philip R. Strategies for winning contracts. Chicago : CCH Incorporated, 2005. 371 p.
LC Call Number: HD3861.U6 A974 2005
LC Catalog Record: 2005277810
Lists and explains over 180 strategies plus numerous procedures and techniques. Includes seven mock proposal volumes.
Belkin, Jeff, Andy Howard, Trinh Huynh. The ABCs of federal government contracting. Wayne, PA : Andrews Publications, 2009. 91 p.
LC Call Number: KF850 .B45 2009
LC Catalog Record: 2010288547
The book is a desktop reference designed to assist those who are new to the federal contracting industry and practitioners desiring to jump-start their research. The lexicon of terms frequently encountered by those doing business with the United States. Entries provide:
- a brief sketch of the meaning of common statutes, legal doctrines and principles
- contract varieties (with citations to relevant case law, regulations and treatise)
- federal contracting programs (with citations to relevant case law, regulations and treatise)
- articles offering additional information
The Entrepreneur's Reference Guide to Small Business Information
Table of Contents
Whataburger, Mobile, Alabama, March 10, 2010.
Photograph from the Carol M. Highsmith Archive
Prints and Photographs Division
Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-highsm-05180
Federal Business Opportunities
A daily list of U.S. Government procurement invitations, contract awards, subcontracting leads, sales of surplus property and foreign business opportunities.
Gallagher, Daisy. The Government contractor's resource guide. 1st edition. United States : Access International, 2006. 178 p.
LC Call Number: HD3861.U6 G35 2006
LC Catalog Record: 2006907430
- Government terms, agencies, acronyms
- Events to attend
- Web sites to visit
- Contact listings of OSDBUs
- Navigating GSA/procurement vehicles
- Target markets and building relationships
Giallourakis, Bill C. Contracting with Uncle Sam : the essential guide for federal buyers and sellers. Annapolis, Md. : Naval Institute Press, 2008. 297 p.
LC Call Number: HD3861.U6 G53 2008
LC Catalog Record: 2008015589
Table of contents
McIntyre, LeGette. Essentials for government contract negotiators. Vienna, Va. : Management Concepts, c2006. 368 p.
LC Call Number: HD3861.U6 M39 2006
LC Catalog Record: 2006046194
Provides information on:
- Overview of federal government negotiations
- Negotiation opportunities and preparation
- Assembling the negotiation team
- Gathering data and researching the other parties
- Establishing pre-negotiation objectives and developing the negotiation plan
- Special emphasis is given to various negotiation tactics.
Moore, Nancy Y. [et al.]. Enhancing small-business opportunities in the DoD. Santa Monica, CA : RAND Corp., 2008. 105 p.
LC Call Number: UC267 .E54 2008
LC Catalog Record: 2008044822
The report examines the unique purchase needs of the Department of Defense, contract bundling, subcontracting in professional services and research and development, opportunities in the Small Business Innovation Research and the Mentor-Protege Programs, electronic payment systems, and whether firms graduate from the programs or increase in size.
O'Connor, Terrence M., Mary Ann P. Wangemann. Federal contracting answer book. 2nd edition. Vienna, VA: Management Concepts, 2009. 558 p.
LC Call Number: HD3861.U6 O267 2009
LC Catalog Record: 2009020008
Provides insight into the changing landscape of federal government contracting, and offers information on the following topics:
- Understand how the federal government evaluates an offeror's price through market research, independent government estimates, competition strategies, terms and conditions, and risk factors.
- Discover how the government evaluates an offeror's cost build-up, including cost estimating systems and individual cost components.
- Learn the changes in ethics regulations to ensure compliance with the law.
- Secure a government contract by applying procurement methods used in federal acquisition.
Parvey, Malcolm, Deborah Alston. Winning government contracts : how your small business can find and secure federal government contracts up to $100,000. Franklin Lakes, NJ : Career Press, 2008. 236 p.
LC Call Number: HD3861.U6 P36 2008
LC Catalog Record: 2007035255
Table of contents