For more detailed information on Globalization and International Trade & Economics see the following BRS guides:
International Trade & Economics: https://www.loc.gov/rr/business/BERA/issue7/issue7_main.html
A basic guide to exporting. 10th edition. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, International Trade Administration, 2008. 254 p.
LC Call Number: HF1416.5 .B37 2008
LC Catalog Record: 2007049345
Table of contents
Awe, Susan C. Going global : an information sourcebook for small and medium-sized businesses. Santa Barbara, Calif. : Libraries Unlimited, 2009. 265 p.
LC Call Number: HD2341 .A94 2009
LC Catalog Record: 2009020615
The volume is separated into eight chapters ranging from the basics of setting up an international business to utilizing the Internet to sell globally.
- How small and medium-sized business owners can become global companies.
- Reasons to get involved in international trade
The Entrepreneur's Reference Guide to Small Business Information
Table of Contents
Whataburger, Mobile, Alabama, March 10, 2010.
Photograph from the Carol M. Highsmith Archive
Prints and Photographs Division
Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-highsm-05180
- Annotated resources on the advantages and disadvantages of international business
- Information gathering
- The importance of business, export, marketing plans, and international selling
- Using the internet to sell globally
- How to write a business plan, analyze the competition and the market, find foreign customers, and set up and manage a global business
Deardorff, Alan V. Terms of trade : glossary of international economics. Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, 2006. 383 p.
LC Call Number: HF1373 .D43 2006
LC Catalog Record: 2005044726
Epping, Randy Charles. The 21st century economy : a beginner’s guide : with 101 easy-to-learn tools for surviving and thriving in the new global marketplace. 1st Vintage Books edition. New York : Vintage Books, 2009. 316 p.
LC Call Number: HG3881 .E568 2009
LC Catalog Record: 2008041554
Contributor biographical information
Johnson, Thomas E. and Donna L. Bade. Export/import procedures and documentation. Revised and updated 4th edition. New York : AMACOM, 2010. 624 p.
LC Call Number: HF1416.5 .J64 2010
LC Catalog Record: 2009040382
Very detailed information about all necessary procedures and required documentation for import and export businesses.
Manresa, Maritza. How to open & operate a financially successful import export business : with companion CD-ROM. Ocala, Fla. : Atlantic Pub. Group, 2010. 288 p.
LC Call Number: HF1416.5 .M355 2010
LC Catalog Record: 2010005093
Includes a glossary and bibliography. Provides information on how to:
- Set up a business
- Determine the legal status
- Prepare a business plan and obtain financing
- Understand the Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- Import and export goods
- Understand and deal with foreign-trade zones and customs bonded warehouses
- Understand to government regulations, free trade agreement, and other international trade issues
- Work with industry experts and monitor changes in the industry
Morrison, Andrea M. and Barbara J. Mann. International government information and country information : a subject guide. Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2004. 298 p.
LC Call Number: ZA5050 .M67 2004
LC Catalog Record: 2004000441
Table of contents
Shim, Jae K. The international handbook of electronic commerce. Revised edition. Hawkhurst, Cranbrook, Kent [England] : Global Professional Pub., 2010. 199 p.
LC Call Number: HF5548.32 .S525 2010
LC Catalog Record: 2010362984
Explains e-commerce and how to market and advertise goods and services. Explains network security and legal aspects of e-commerce.
Zodl, Joseph A. Export import : everything you and your company need to know to compete in world markets. 4th edition. Phoenix, AZ : IIEI Press, 2006. 173 p.
LC Call Number: HF1416.5 .Z63 2006
LC Catalog Record: 2006285153
The publication aims to minimize the possibility for complications by focusing on the following topics:
- Get up-to-date information on trade laws
- Sell a U.S.-made product overseas and get paid in U.S. Dollars
- Understand global language
- Navigate government regulations
- Understand the North American Free Trade Agreement