Alphabetical Index of the Lieber Collection: A - C
- An Account of the Life and Character of Christopher Ludwick, Late Citizen of Philadelphia, and Baker-General of the Army of the United States During the Revolutionary War. Benjamin Rush, M.D., first published in the year 1801, revised and republished by direction of the Philadelphia Society for the Establishment and Support of Charity Schools, to which is added An Account of the Origin, Progress, and Present Condition of That Institution. Philadelphia: printed for the Society by Garden and Thompson, 1831. (PDF)
- Allgemeines Staatsrecht. Von Dr. Bluntschli. Zweite Auflage. Erster Band [General Constitutional Law. By Dr. Bluntschli. Second Edition. Volume One]. Munchen: Literarisch-Artistische Anstalt der J.G. Cotta'schen Buchhandlung, 1857. (PDF)
- Allgemeines Staatsrecht. Von Dr. Bluntschli. Zweite Auflage. Zweiter Band [General Constitutional Law. By Dr. Bluntschli. Second Edition. Volume Two]. Munchen: Literarisch-Artistische Anstalt der J.G. Cotta'schen Buchhandlung, 1857. (PDF)
- An Analytical Digest of the Military Laws of the United States. A compilation of the constitutional and statutory provisions concerning the military establishment, in all its branches and relations, accompanied by judicial and executive decisions explanatory of the text. Robert N. Scott. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1873. (PDF)
- The Ancient and the Modern Teacher of Politics. An Introductory Discourse to a Course of Lecture on the State. Delivered on the 10th of October, 1859, in the Law School of Columbia College. (PDF)
- Anna ou L'Aveugle Sourde-Muette de l'Institut des Sourds-Muets de Bruge [Anna, or the Blind Deaf-Mute of the Bruge Institute for Deaf-Mutes]. L'Abbe C. Carton, Gand (Ghent): C. Anoot-Braeckman, 1843. (PDF)
- Another Review of Judge [Jeremiah S.] Black. The Rights of the Federal Government and the States in the Territories. Judge Black's Theory Examined. New York Times, undated editorial, 1859, arguing against Attorney General Black's legal opinion that once a territory becomes a state, its state constitution must impose slavery to protect the property rights of slaveholders, even if the people of the territory had voted to exclude slavery. (PDF)
- Appeals at Law. [South Carolina] Court of Errors. Hiller v. English .
- Appendix to Judge Black's Pamphlet, [Observations on Senator Douglas's Views of Popular Sovereignty]. The Constitution, Washington City, October 6, 1859. (PDF)
- Art. V. -- A Sketch of the Geology of the State of Mississippi, by Oscar Montgomery Lieber, late [in the sense of former] Geologist to the State of Mississippi.
- Art. V. -- Some Remarks on the Metalliferous Veins of the South. Oscar M. Lieber, Assistant Geologist to the State of Alabama.
- The Authority of the Supreme Court. Author not given. Unidentified newspaper datelined Washington, May 26, 1860.
Die Bedeutung und die Fortschritte des Modernen Völkerrechts [The Significance and Progress of Modern International Law]. J.C. Bluntschli, Sammlung Gemeinverstandlicher Wissenschaftlicher Vortrage [Collection of Popular Science Lectures], No. 2, Berlin: C.G. Luderitz, 1866. (PDF)
- Black box inscribed Hartford Convention 1863.
- Black box inscribed Newspaper Clippings 1859 1860.
- A Brief Enquiry into the True Nature and Character of Our Federal Government: Being a Review of Judge Story's Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States. By a Virginian. Petersburg, VA: Printed by Edmund and Julian C. Ruffin, 1840. (PDF)
- The Case of the Cherokee Nation Against the State of Georgia; Argued and Determined at the Supreme Court of the United States, January Term 1831. Richard Peters, Philadelphia: John Grigg, 1831.
- Catalogue of the South Carolina College 1854.
- Celebration of the Battle of King’s Mountain, October, 1855, and the Address of the Hon. John S. Preston, together with the proceedings of the meetings and accompanying documents. John S. Preston, Yorkville, SC: Published for the Committees by Miller and Melton, 1855.
- The Character of the Gentleman. Francis Lieber. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1864. (PDF)
- The Character of the Gentleman. Francis Lieber. Third and much enlarged edition, Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott & Co., 1864.
- Chief Points in the Laws of War and Neutrality, Search and Blockade; With the Changes of 1856, and Those Now Proposed. John Fraser Macqueen. London and Edinburgh: William and Robert Chambers, 1862.
- The Constitution of the United States Defined and Carefully Annotated. George W. Paschal, Washington, D.C.: W.H. & O.H. Morrison, 1868. (PDF)
- Constitutional History of England from 1760 to 1860. Charles Duke Yonge. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1882. (PDF)
- Constitutional History of England Since the Accession of George Third, 1760-1860, by Thomas Erskine May, C.B. [Companion of the Order of the Bath]. In two volumes. Vol. I. New York: W.J. Widdleton, Publisher, 1874. (PDF)
- The Constitutional History of England Since the Accession of George Third, 1760-1860, by Thomas Erskine May, C.B. [Companion of the Order of the Bath]. In two volumes. Vol. II. New York: W.J. Widdleton, Publisher, 1874. (PDF)
- The Constitutional Text-Book: A Practical and Familiar Exposition of the Constitution of the United States, and of Portions of the Public and Administrative Law of the Federal Government. Designed Chiefly for the Use of Schools, Academies, and Colleges. Furman Sheppard, Philadelphia: Childs & Peterson, 1855. (PDF)
- Constitutional Uses of the Military Forces of the United States. Undated pamphlet. (PDF)