Skip Navigation Links The Library of Congress >> Researchers
Federal Research Division (Customized Research and Analytical Services)
  Home >> Military Legal Resources >> UCMJ >> AW 1912-1920 >> Revision of the Articles of War
Seal of the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School
Site Map ›››

Revision of the Articles of War:
Hearing before the Committee on Military Affairs
U.S. Congress House of Representatives,
Sixty-Second Congress

2nd Session on H. R. 23628, Being a Project for the Revision
of the Articles of War

May 14, 22, 23, 25, and 27, 1912

Just as the Comparison of Proposed New Articles of War with the Present Articles of War and Other Related Statutes, this publication opens with letters of transmittal. The first letter is from then Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson, dated April 19, 1912 and addressed to the Honorable James Hay, Chairman of the Military Committee of the House of Representatives. The second letter is from Judge Advocate General Enoch H. Crowder to Secretary Stimson, dated April 12, 1912. The full text of the Committee hearings follows the letters of transmittal.
Three appendixes are included:
Appendix A: [Extract of report of Judge Advocate General on military prison]
Appendix B: [Extract from a report of the Inspector General of the Army giving the recent inspection by him of the detention barracks of the British Army]
Appendix C: [Table comparing American Articles of War of 1874 with earlier similar American, British and Swedish documents]
(Library of Congress Call Number UB500.A3 1912; OCLC Number 272392794)


For more information on the UCMJ Legislative History project, of which this document is only one part, and its sponsor, the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center & School Library External Link, visit the main UCMJ page.


To view the PDF file, click here.  Click on picture for larger image:

House of Representatives (Old House) Office Building, Washington, D.C.
[House of Representatives (Old House) Office Building, Washington, D.C.]
Detroit Publishing Co., publisher. (Created between 1905 and 1920.)
Later called Cannon House Office Building. Gift of the State Historical Society of Colorado.
From the Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division,
Reproduction Number: LC-D4-36809, (b&w film copy neg.)

Top of Page Top of Page
  Home >> Military Legal Resources >> UCMJ >> AW 1912-1920 >> Revision of the Articles of War
  The Library of Congress >> Researchers
  August 12, 2014
Legal | External Link Disclaimer

Contact Us