Resources for Local History and Genealogy by State
- Genealogical resources of Texas State Library and Archives Commission . Featured resources include vital statistics indexes, an index to Confederate pension applications, an index to Texas Adjutant General Service Records, 1836 1935, index to Republic claims (the Texas government from 1835 through 1846), the Confederate indigent families lists, tax lists, county records, microfilmed newspapers, voter registration lists for 1867, and Texas convict records and indexes.
- Genealogical research at the National Archives' Southwest branch (Ft. Worth). Page includes link to "Selected Finding Aids for Archival Holdings at NARA's Southwest Region (Fort Worth)," many of them likely to be relevant for Texas genealogical research.
- Resource guide for Texas from Brigham Young University with links to archives, libraries, genealogical and historical societies, repositories for church records, and resources for ethnic genealogy.
- Texas GenWeb project with a variety of free primary and secondary resources, including information about county formation, digitized records or indexes to records, links to research guides, mailing lists and special projects in progress or seeking volunteers.
- "Texas Trails." Free genealogical website offering rich genealogical data for state, regions, and counties and links to information for border regions of surrounding states.
- "Portal to Texas History" from University of North Texas libraries. Provides digital access to books, maps, photographs, and newspapers.
- Handbook of Texas Online . Convenient treatment of many historical topics from Texas State Historical Association.
- Texas history timeline from "Lone Star Junction." Includes valuable bibliography. Also provides links to sources for Texas public records.
- Extensive information about land records for Texas from the Texas General Land Office and Bureau of Land Management in Santa Fe.
- Texas state symbols, emblems, and icons from "State Symbols USA" website with information on all states. For most items, website includes linked picture and background information.