- George Kish, "The Origins of Cartography", The Dictionary
of Art (London: Macmillan, 1996), vol. 20, p. 363.
- Christopher Terrell,"The Seaman's View", The Map
Collector, No. 31, June 1985, p. 3.
- Paul H. Rem, "Vinckboons", The Dictionary of Art
(London: Macmillan, 1996), vol. 32, p. 586.
- Walter W. Ristow and R. A. Skelton, Nautical Charts
on Vellum in the Library of Congress (Washington: Library of Congress,
1977), p. 25.
- David J. Weber, The Spanish Frontier in North America
(New Haven: Yale University Press, 1992), p. 55.
- José de Vargas y Ponce, Voyage of Discovery to the
Strait of Magellan; with an Account of the Manners and Customs of
the Inhabitants; and of the Natural Productions of Patagonia.... Work
translated from the Spanish by anonymous translator. (London, 1820;
Milford House, 1973, reprint), pp. v-vi.
- Annette Melville, Special Collections in the Library
of Congress: A Selective Guide (Washington: Library of Congress, 1980),
- Lawrence Martin (rev. by Walter W. Ristow), "South
American Historical Maps", Library of Congress Quarterly Journal of
Current Acquisitions Vol. 1, no. 3, 1944, reproduced in A la Carte
(Washington: Library of Congress, 1972), p. 189.
- John R. Hébert, "Vicente Sebastián Pintado, Surveyor
General of Spanish West Florida 1805-1817. The Man and his Maps",
Imago Mundi, Vol. 39 (1987), p. 50-72.
- John R. Hébert, "Maps by Ephraim George Squier:
Journalist Scholar and Diplomat", The Quarterly Journal of the Library
of Congress, Vol. 29, No. 1 (January 1972), p. 14-31.