The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
College Park Institute of Religion
||7601 Mowatt Lane
College Park, MD 20740
||N. Earl Deschamps, Director
|Hours of Service:
Thursday, and Friday
|9:00 a.m.--4:00 p.m.
||9:00 a.m.--9:00 p.m.
|Open to the public:
- Reference Policy:
- Telephone and mail inquiries are not accepted.
- Borrowing Privileges:
- The Institute lends only to students of the Institute of Religion.
- Background Note:
- The Institute of Religion was built in 1977 to serve members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints studying at the University of Maryland.
Return to top of page.
- Books and monographs:
- 772 volumes with publication dates in the 19th and 20th centuries. Emphases include doctrines, histories, and biographies relating to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
A card catalog covers mainly the 20th-century titles of this collection.
- Periodicals and newspapers:
- 11 20th-century journal titles covering news, doctrine, history, and family counseling of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These titles are:
B.Y.U. Studies (Vol. 3-29, 32; 1959-1991); Church News (weekly 1954-present); Conference Reports (bi-annual 1966-1968; 1972-present); Deseret News Church Almanac (1974-1978;1981;1985;1987); Ensign (monthly 1971-present); Improvement Era (assorted issues 1931-1948; 1950-1970); Insights: An Ancient Window (1985-present); Instructor (Vol. 65-70); Relief Society Magazine (Vol. 61-69); Utah Historical Quarterly (Vol. 36-46, 1968-78); New Era (monthly, 1971-present)
- Video and sound recordings:
- 61 videotapes, 20th century, covering the doctrine and history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Book of Mormon; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Biography; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History; Family--Religious life; Marriage--Religious aspects; Missions and missionaries; Prayer; Smith, Joseph, 1805-1844
To contact the institution described in this entry, please use the contact information
at the top of this page.
To submit updates and corrections
for this entry, please use our comments
To ask a reference question, please
use our Ask
a Librarian form.