||1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501-3199
||Virginia Dunn, College Archivist
|Internet Catalog Address:
|Hours of Service:
||9:00 a.m.--5:00 p.m.|
|| 9:00 a.m.--5:00 p.m.|
|Open to the public:
||By appointment only
||No, with one exception
Only the Bagby Video Archives may be borrowed through interlibrary loan. Most materials may be photocopied.
Return to top of page.
- Reference Policy:
- Telephone and mail reference questions are accepted. All queries are answered, if the questions are not long, involved research questions. The Archives makes the first 10 photocopies for free; subsequent copies cost 10 cents per page. There is no charge for postage.
- Borrowing Privileges:
- Not a circulating collection.
- OCLC, SOLINET. Holdings are listed in both OCLC and SOLINET for all dates of the collection.
- Background Note:
- Founded in 1903 by Josephus Hopwood, a Disciples of Christ clergyman.
- Books and monographs:
- 316 volumes dating from 1809 to the present. The Disciples of Christ Historical Collection consists of books, pamphlets, and periodicals concerning the Christian faith and the Disciples of Christ denomination. Both its history and its people are covered.
All items are in the computer catalog.
- Periodicals and newspapers:
- See above.
- Videos and Sound Recordings:
- The Bagby Archive consists of 26 videotaped interviews with early Christian resisters to the Hitler Regime. This collection contains interviews with members of the Confessing Church, and others, who were part of the resistance movement prior to the outbreak of World War II in Germany. Included are recollections of the Holocaust. The interviews, which are in English and German, were recorded between 1984 and 1989 by James Patrick Kelley.
A printed list is available from the Lynchburg College Archives or Interlibrary Loan Department of the Library. Please call or send a written request for a photocopy of the list.
Anti-Nazi movement; Christian biography; Disciples of Christ; Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945); Religion and state--Germany--1933-1945; Religious biography
To contact the institution described in this entry, please use the contact information
at the top of this page.
To submit updates and corrections
for this entry, please use our comments
To ask a reference question, please
use our Ask
a Librarian form.