||14th Street and Constitution Avenue NW
NMAH 5016, MRC 630
Washington, DC 20560
||Rhoda Ratner, Branch Librarian
|Email Address:||[email protected]|
|Internet Catalog Address:||telnet to siris.si.edu or http://www.siris.si.edu/
|Hours of Service:
||10:00 a.m.--5:00 p.m.|
|Open to the public:
||Yes, appointment strongly encouraged
Return to top of page.
- Reference Policy:
- Telephone, mail and email reference questions are accepted from scholarly researchers, colleagues at other research institutions and the general public with serious queries.
- Borrowing Privileges:
- Borrowing privileges are limited to members of the Smithsonian community holding valid Smithsonian Institution ID and Smithsonian Institution Libraries borrowing card. The public may borrow through interlibrary loan using their own public library or university library.
- CIRLA, FEDLINK. Holdings are listed in OCLC.
- Background Note:
- The Branch Library opened in 1965.
- Books and monographs:
- The collection holds approximately 350 volumes with publishing dates from the 1850s to the present. The focus of this collection is American religion, with an emphasis on churches, Southwestern missions (history and architectural history), some materials on American Jews and some materials on African American churches.
The computer catalog covers all holdings.
- Approximately seven titles which focus on American history. Many include materials of relevance to the history of religion. Collections of interest are the Black Abolitionist Papers, Papers of the Pennsylvania Abolitionist Society, the Oral History Collection of Columbia University and Pamphlets in American History.
Church buildings; Mission buildings--Southwest United States; Missions and missionaries--Southwest United States; Religion--Southwest United States
To contact the institution described in this entry, please use the contact information
at the top of this page.
To submit updates and corrections
for this entry, please use our comments
To ask a reference question, please
use our Ask
a Librarian form.