General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Rebok Memorial Library
||12501 Old Columbia Pike
P.O. Box 4999
Silver Spring, MD 20904
||Alan Hecht, Director
|Hours of Service:
||8:30 a.m.-- 5:30 p.m..
||8:30 a.m.--12:30 p.m.
|Open to the public:
||Yes, appointments strongly encouraged.
The Library is open to the public, but please write or call first. If coming to the Library enter through the Visitor's entrance and get a badge at the security station. Photocopying is primarily for research purposes. Interlibrary loan is accepted if the Rebok Memorial Library is the only location to have an item.
Return to top of page.
- Reference Policy:
- Telephone and mail questions are accepted if they can be answered quickly.
- Borrowing Privileges:
- Not a lending library.
- OCLC. Approximately one half of the Library holdings are listed in OCLC. OCLC searches may be done for researchers.
- Background Note:
- Founded 1983.
- Books and monographs:
- The Library holds approximately 9,700 books, primarily from the 20th century although there are some earlier books. The Library has most Seventh-day Adventist publications in English from the United States and abroad as well as some Spanish-language publications. The other half of the religion-related book collection covers religion in general.
The collection is covered by the computer catalog.
- Periodicals and newspapers:
- This collection holds 50 journal subscriptions, many of which are focused on Seventh-day Adventism. Journals are kept only for one year, newspapers for one week. The Archives has back issues of journals.
The collection is organized alphabetically.
- Databases, CD-ROMS, and other machine-readable resources:
- Ellen G. White Writings.
Seventh-day Adventists; White, Ellen Gould Harmon, 1827-1915