|HOME >> MODS 3.6 Changes
Approved Changes for MODS 3.6
Last updated March 1, 2016
The following changes for MODS Version 3.6 have been approved by the MODS Editorial Committee.
- Add 4 new attributes (that refer to other attributes) for <relatedItem>:
- Define attribute @xml:space (value"preserve") for nonSort element
This change allows for embedding HTML in MODS, linking with @altRepGrp, and indicating the format of the alternative encoding. It applies to those elements that are most likely to have values that need HTML or other formatting that cannot be expressed inside a MODS XML record. Use the altFormat attribute to link out of the record to the same content, formatted or marked up in a different way. Optionally, include the contentType attribute with a media-type as its value (e.g. text/html) to indicate the content type of the target. Where there are multiple alternatives, use the already defined altRepGroup attribute to bind the related instances of each element.
- Add <nameIdentifier> under <name>
- Make <cartographics> extensible
- Add <recordInfoNote> under <recordInfo>
- Add <itemIdentifier> under <location> with type attributes