News and articles:
PREMIS Implementors' Group ([email protected]):
An unmoderated listserv open to members of the PREMIS implementor community. To subscribe to the forum:
1. Send an email message to:
2. The text of the message should be:
3. Do not include any text in the subject line of your email.
4. Do not include an email signature in your email.
5. You will receive a confirmation email after you submit your request.
6. Click the link in the confrmation email you received to confirm your subscription.
Data Dictionaries & Schemas
The PREMIS maintenance activity is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and coordinating future revisions to the PREMIS data dictionary. The Preservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies Working Group, convened by OCLC and RLG , initially developed the PREMIS data dictionary as a specification with the goal of creating an implementable set of "core" preservation metadata elements, with broad applicability within the digital preservation community. Supporting XML schemas allow for implementation of the core metadata element set and are maintained in the Network Development and MARC Standards Office of the Library of Congress.
August 30, 2021
|Legal | External Link Disclaimer|