Taxonomic Classification Source Codes
Taxonomic Classification Sources contains a list of taxonomic classification systems and assigns a code to each. The purpose of this list is to enable identification in a bibliographic record of a source list from which the taxonomic information in a description has been taken. For code assignment, general structure, usage, and maintenance guidelines see Source Codes for Vocabularies, Rules, and Schemes.
Arrangement of the List
Entries in the list are arranged in alphabetical order by the code and consist of the source code followed by the bibliographic citation for the source documentation. The citations are linked to the online source for some codes.
Each code consists of a maximum of 12 lowercase alphabetic characters. Possible additions to codes are described in Source Codes.
Availability Status Source Codes
- Animal Diversity Web (University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology)
- AntWeb (California Academy of Sciences)
- Avibase: the world bird database
- Checklist of North American Butterflies (North American Butterfly Association)
- Common Names of Insects Database (Entomological Society of America)
- Common Names Database (Entomological Society of Canada)
- Global Compositae Checklist (Landcare Research, New Zealand)
- Hymenoptera Name Server (NFJ, Ohio State University)
- Hymenoptera Online (HOL) (Ohio State University)
- IOC World Bird List
Taxonomic Classification Source Code Usage in MARC
MARC 21 Formats and Fields
- Bibliographic records
- 754 $2 (Added Entry - Taxonomic Identification / Source of taxonomic identification)