What's New in Version 1.2?
This page lists changes in SRU between version 1.1 and 1.2.
- CQL renamed the "contextual query language".
- 'scr' relation eliminated. '=' becomes (in effect) server choice.
When relation is omitted, '=' is assumed.
- 'adj' relation defined for word adjacency.
- 'exact' relation eliminated.
- 'regexp' relation modifier defined.
- Sorting is added as a cql feature (the 'sortby' clause).
- Proximity. Defaults are now server defined, not standard defined.
Hence "prox" can be anything the server wants to do proximately, not
necessarily with a default of adjacency.
Proximity units (other than in cql set) are treated such that "unit"
is a value in a context set, rather than the unit value being a value
in a context set. Proximity units 'word', 'sentence', 'paragraph',
which are included in the cql set, are explicitly undefined.
- Record identifier (optional) added to record structure.
- XCQL parameter becomes optional.
- XPath parameter dropped (will become an extension).
- base url added to response.
- record hits incorporated into xcql.
- Z39.92 replaces explain.
- Sorting is no longer a protocol function (see point 6 in CQL list).
Note: Version 1.2 is the current
SRU version. These specifications are for both versions, 1.1 and 1.2,
but are oriented to version 1.2 with version 1.1 exceptions annotated.
For a full version 1.1 specification see Version