The Capital and the Bay: Narratives of Washington and the Chesapeake Bay Region, 1600-1925 provides information on the history of the Chesapeake Bay and the surrounding region. The collection includes first person narratives, historical biographies and early histories.
In a hurry? Save or print these Collection Connections as a single file.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection, although they may not be all-encompassing.
- Colonial Settlement, 1492-1763
- The American Revolution, 1763-1783
- The New Nation, 1780-1815
- Expansion and Reform, 1801-1861
- The Civil War and Reconstruction, 1850-1877
- Development of the Industrial United States, 1876-1915
Related Collections and Exhibits
These collections and exhibits contain thematically-related primary and secondary sources. Also browse the Collection Finder for more related material on the American Memory Web site.
- Map Collections, 1500-2004
- Taking the Long View, 1851-1991
- Touring Turn-of-the-Century America, 1880-1920
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection.
For help with general search strategies, see Finding Items in American Memory.