The Kraus Collection of Sir Francis Drake documents the explorations of Sir Francis Drake. Included are letters between Drake and officials from France and England, items documenting his travels in Spanish America, books on exploration and trade as well as on Drake’s travels, and maps, drawings and other images showing Drake and his experiences.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
- The Actors and Their Stage
- H.P. Kraus and the Building of the Drake Collection
- Sir Francis Drake: A Pictorial Biography by Hans P. Kraus
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection, although they may not be ll-encompassing.
- Period of Exploration, 1492-1763
- Global Expansion and Encounter, 1450-1770
Related Collections and Exhibits
- Map Collections
- Around the World in the 1890’s: Photographs from the World Transportation Commission
- 1492: An Ongoing Voyage
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection.