Lewis Carroll Scrapbook Collection consists of a scrapbook compiled by the author of Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass. Included are reviews of his works including those written under his real name Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, articles of interest, copies of writings he admired, and reviews of plays and performances of interest.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
- The Lewis Carroll Scrapbook by Edward Wakelin
- Portrait Gallery
- Timeline: World Events and Dodgson's Life Events, 1855-1898
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection although they may not be all-encompassing.
- The Civil War and Reconstruction, 1850-1877
- Development of the Industrial United States, 1876-1915
- An Age of Revolutions, 1750-1914
Related Collections and Exhibits
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection
For help with search words, go to the Around the World in the 1890s Subject Index.
For help with general search strategies, see Finding Items in American Memory.