Mr. Lincoln's Virtual Library serves as a gateway to two other American Memory Collections on Abraham Lincoln Abraham Lincoln Papers at the Library of Congress and the Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana. Also included within this presentation is a broadcast of the announcement of the creation of Mr. Lincoln's Virtual Library and a presentation about some of the documents held by the Library of Congress.
There are currently no Special Features for this collection.
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection, although they may not be all-encompassing.
- The Civil War and Reconstruction, 1850-1877
Related Collections and Exhibits
These collections and exhibits contain thematically-related primary and secondary sources. Browse the Collection Finder for more related material on the American Memory Web site.
- An American Time Capsule
- American Treasures of the Library of Congress
- Civil War Maps
- Civil War Photographs, 1861-1865
- From Slavery to Freedom, 1824-1909
- Civil War Treasures from the New-York Historical Society
- Washington during the Civil War: the Diary of Horatio Nelson Taft, 1861-1865
- The Gettysburg Address
- Nineteenth-Century Song Sheets
- The Frederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection.
For help with general search strategies, see Finding Items in American Memory.