NOTE: This handout may be printed out for use with Port of Entry activities.
Port of Entry: Immigration
Handout 1: Analyzing Images
For each visual clue that you analyze, answer the following questions. You may write your answers on this handout or on another piece of paper.
- What is the subject of the photograph?
- What does the photograph reveal about its subject?
- Whose story is being told and whose is left untold?
- What is the setting for the photograph?
- What other details did you observe?
- When and where in the past do you think the photograph was taken? How can you tell?
- How would you describe the photographer's point of view?