It is Important to my family because we have it on birthdays or we also have it on other special ocasions.
4 Skinned boned breast halves
4 t butter at room temp
salt and freshly ground pepper
14 oz cheese (cut into four 3/8 inch thick slices)
1/4 c flour
1 egg beaten to blend
2/3 c dry bread crumbs
1/4 c butter
2garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2c dry white wine.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place 1 chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Repeat these steps with remaining chicken breasts.
3) Spread one side of pounded chicken with butter, then season with salt and pepper.
4) Top with 1 slice of cheese.
5) Fold chicken over and secure with a toothpick,
6) Roll in flour, dip in beaten egg, then roll in bread crumbs.
7) Transfer chicken to baking dish, seam side down.
8) Melt 1/4c butter, with chopped garlic in small saucepan over low heat til golden brown. Pour over chicken rolls.
9) Bake chicken for 35-40 min.
10) Sprinkle with parsley and serve.