This recipe is a family tradition, prepared by my grandma and served at Christmas. Whenever I have this treat I remember the presents I got at Christmas.
1/2 c butter-up
1 c milk
1 tsp salt
4-41/2 c flour
1/2 c butter
1/2 c suger
2 eggs room temp
1) scald milk in saucepan. remove from heat and add butter-up and cool to room temperature.
2) pour yeast into a big mixing bowl.
3) Add milk & butter-up mixture, sugar, and eggs. Mix well.
4) Add salt and flour, gradually, and mix untill smooth.
5) Form the dough into a ball, cover with a wet cloth and let rise untill double in size.
6) Roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness and cut into triangular shapes.
7) Brush with melted butter and roll up.
8) Place on uncrusted cookie sheets and brush tops with melted butter.
9) cover with wet cloth and let rise.
10) Bake at 350 degrees for abought 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
11) Remove from sheets, let cool.
12) Frost with a butter frosting.