Preheat oven to 325(F)
1. Put butter, and sugar into a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mix until creamy.
2. In separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Beat the eggs into the butter mixture. Stir in the milk and vanilla
3. Sift flour into a bowl. Add it to the mixture by making gentle slicing movements with a metal spoon. Stir gently
4. Grease/line a baking pan (7 by 11). Pour in the mixture and smooth the top. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Let it cool. Cut into 3 inch squares. Lift each square out onto a wire rack.
6. Sift powdered sugar/cocoa into a bowl. Mix in the water for a smooth runny paste.
7. Use a metal spoon, spread icing onto the top of each square. Let the icing drip down the sides. Sprinkle with coconut (optional).