Historical context and ideas for integrating individual digital collections of primary sources into instruction.
- America Singing: Nineteenth-Century Song Sheets (Summary and Teaching Resources) Search this collection using the word "summer" for songs related to the summer theme.
- America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915 (Summary Only) Motion pictures document turn of the century leisure activities.
- An American Ballroom Companion: Dance Instruction Manual, ca. 1490-1920 (Summary and Teaching Resources) Explore the role of ballroom dancing in American culture.
- An American Time Capsule: Three Centuries of Broadsides and Other Printed Ephemera (Summary and Teaching Resources) Search this collection using the word "summer" to retrieve broadsides advertising train trips and summer tourist attractions.
- The American Variety Stage: Vaudeville and Popular Entertainment, 1870-1920 (Summary and Teaching Resources) Learn about vaudeville and entertainment between 1870 and 1920.
- Baseball Cards, 1887-1914 (Summary and Teaching Resources) These tobacco advertising cards document the popularity of baseball at the turn of the century.
- Spalding Base Ball Guides (Summary Only)