Download the Adobe Flash Player to view the enhanced version of this web site.
Registering a copyright is easy. Here's how it's done:
- CREATE !
Compose a song. Write a play. Paint a picture. Pen a poem. Express your creativity.
- REGISTER YOUR COPYRIGHT
- SEND THE PACKAGE TO:
Library of Congress
101 Independence Avenue, SE.
Washington, D.C. 20559 6000
- The Copyright Office receives your package, and your registration becomes effective on that day. We receive about 2,400 submissions each business day.
- Our financial department processes your payment.
- We examine your application and deposit and make sure they're acceptable and meet the requirements of Copyright law and regulations.
- Your registration is assigned a number and a certificate of registration is issued. You'll receive that certificate in the mail about 4 months after you submit your package.
- Catalogers create an online, searchable public record of your registration.
- For more information, please visit: www.copyright.gov