Call for Applications: World History or World Geography Teacher-in-Residence Position
The Educational Outreach Division of the Library of Congress is seeking applications from current world history or world geography teachers for a Teacher-in-Residence position within its Educational Outreach division during the 2017-18 school year.
Educational Outreach develops and delivers teaching materials and programs to make the Library’s unparalleled collections of primary sources visible, accessible, and easy for K-12 teachers to integrate into the classroom. Previous Teachers-in-Residence have led professional development workshops, developed teaching materials, conducted research in the Library’s collections, and led and supported projects to reach a diverse audience of educators nationwide. Qualifications of successful candidates include:
- Knowledge of the Library’s digitized primary sources with experience using them in world history or world geography instruction,
- Leadership experience, especially in designing and delivering professional development,
- An innovative, flexible and collaborative work style, able to work on a team in an office environment,
- Excellent communication skills,
- The ability to live and work in the Washington, DC, metro area for the duration of the school year.
Deadline: Applications Due Monday, April 17th
Learn more and apply now