October 25, 2012 (REVISED November 1, 2012)
Library Buildings, Reading Rooms Closed Nov. 10-12
Websites Down Nov. 9-12
Selected Library buildings will closed to the public and all websites will be unavailable during the upcoming Veteran's Day weekend.
- On Saturday, Nov. 10 and on Monday, Nov. 12, the James Madison Memorial Building and the John Adams Building of the Library of Congress will be closed to the public.
- All Library of Congress reading rooms will be closed Saturday, Nov. 10 through Monday, Nov. 12.
- The Great Hall and exhibitions in the Thomas Jefferson Building will be open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 10 and Monday, Nov. 12. However, there will be no cellular or wireless service available in the Jefferson Building during these times.
- All buildings will resume regular hours of operations on Tuesday, Nov. 13.
- All Library of Congress websites (including loc.gov, congress.gov, copyright.gov & others) will be unavailable starting at approximately 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, and are expected to be available again beginning Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 9 a.m.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause our visitors and researchers. (All times Eastern Standard Time.)
# # #