Book/Printed MaterialThe race problem. Williams reproduces two letters here. The first -- an open letter to the Chicago daily tribune -- protests the treatment of African Americans since the Civil War and asking when a so-called...
- Contributor: Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress) - Candler, Allen D. (Allen Daniel) - Williams, Charles H. (Charles Halston)
- Date: 1899
Book/Printed MaterialThe Negro from A to Z Cosey, an author, briefly looks at the history, intelligence, and future of the African American. He defends the African American by showing that blackness is not a mark of inferiority and that...
- Contributor: Cosey, A. (Alfred Bonito) - Daniel Murray Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1897
Book/Printed MaterialDefense of the poor; or, Poverty and its resulting evils,
- Contributor: Newsom, John T. C.
- Date: 1913
Book/Printed MaterialAfrican colonization by the free colored people of the United States, an indispensable auxiliary to African ... "With an address to the clergymen of Ohio, by the Ohio Colonization Committee." Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. LC copy inscribed in pencil on cover:...
- Contributor: Christy, David - African American Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress) - Hoffner, Jacob - Caldwell, John Day
- Date: 1854
View 3 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialLibrary of William C. Bolivar, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania ...
- Contributor: Bolivar, William C.
- Date: 1914
Book/Printed MaterialTrain's speeches in England, on slavery and emancipation: delivered in London, on March 12th, and 19th, ...
Train's great speeches in England on slavery and emancipation | Train's speeches on slavery, emancipation, and pardoning of traitors From the London American of March 12 and 19, 1862. Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Train, George Francis - African American Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1862
View 1 Page