Book/Printed MaterialCollections of the Pioneer Society of the State of Michigan. together with reports of county pioneer ...
Michigan pioneer collections This volume is a collection of several different kinds of important historical documents published by the Michigan Pioneer and Historical Society. This is the first of several volumes that contain excerpts from...
- Contributor: Pioneer Society of the State of Michigan - Bartholomew, Henry S. K. (Henry Sager Knapp)
- Date: 1908
View 1 Page
Book/Printed MaterialMemoirs of Jeremiah Curtin. Born to an Irish Catholic family, Jeremiah Curtin (1835-1906), a linguist, translator, and folklorist, spent his early years on a farm in Greenfield, Wisconsin, and the first portion of this memoir, compiled...
- Contributor: Schafer, Joseph - Curtin, Alma - Curtin, Jeremiah
- Date: 1940
View 6 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialBetween the iron and the pine; a biography of a pioneer family and a pioneer town. Lewis Reimann was the son of German immigrants who ran a boarding-house for miners and loggers in the Iron River district of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. This book consists of the author's recollections...
- Contributor: Reimann, Lewis Charles
- Date: 1951
View 2 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialHistory of flour manufacture in Minnesota "An address at the Annual Meeting of the Minnesota Historical Society, January 21, 1901. The author was aided in the preparation of this paper by Mr. Frank N. Stacy, who also read...
- Contributor: Stacy, Frank N. - Minnesota Historical Society - Rogers, George D.
- Date: 1905
Book/Printed MaterialCelebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the organization of the Minnesota Historical Society : in the ...
Fiftieth anniversary addresses Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Langford, Nathaniel Pitt - Clough, William Pitt - Northrop, Cyrus - Sanborn, John (John Benjamin) - Davis, Cushman K. (Cushman Kellogg) - Flandrau, Charles E. (Charles Eugene) - Davis, Cushman Kellogg - Whipple, Henry Benjamin - Minnesota Historical Society - Le Duc, William Gates
- Date: 1901
Book/Printed MaterialMen of progress: embracing biographical sketches of representative Michigan men; with an outline history of the ... This book provides full-page biographies of men prominent in Michigan's business, professional, political, educational, and cultural life in the late nineteenth century. Although the entries are not in alphabetical order, there is...
- Contributor: Evening News Association (Detroit, Mich.)
- Date: 1900
Book/Printed MaterialMichigan state gazetteer and business directory for 1863-4 : embracing historical and descriptive sketches of all ...
Charles F. Clark's state gazetteer This compendium begins with a brief general history and description of Michigan's natural resources, and then gives the same information for each county and the Upper Peninsula. There is also a copy...
- Contributor: Clark, Charles F.
- Date: 1863