Collection Coptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody
Results: 1-7 of 7 | Refined by: Part of: Coptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody Remove Location: London Remove
The Rites of the Coptic Church: The Order of Baptism and The Order of Matrimony According to the Use of the Coptic Church
Book. 6 x 4 ¼ in.; 80 p. | Translated from Coptic mss by B.T.A. Evetts. (Source Note).
- Contributor: David Nutt - Evetts, T. A. (basil Thomas Alfred) - Coptic Church
- Date: 1888
Look inside: 80 results
Map. Sheet: 13 ½ x 8 ½ in. | From Wilkinson, [John] Gardner, Sir, 1797-1875. Modern Egypt and Thebes: being a description of Egypt, including the information required for travellers to that country. 2 vols. London: John Murray, 1843, vol. 1, facing page 1. (Source Note).
- Contributor: John Murray - J. & C. Walker - Bodichon, Eugène
- Date: 1843
Book. 8 ½ x 5 ½ in. ; 390 p. | Because this book is tightly bound, the final letters are missing at the end of words in the inside margins on pages at the front and back of the book. (General). See especially Part II, chapters 1 and 2: "The Oriental Christian in his Church," pages 169-182 (page turner pages 195-208); and "The ...
- Contributor: Hodder and Stoughton - Leeder, S.H. - Leeder, S. H.
- Date: 1918
Look inside: 390 results
Book. 8 ¾ x 5 ½ in.; 96 p. | Gairdner offers a brief transcription of secular Coptic tunes as well as Coptic hymns. (General). Courtesy of Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, London. (Copyright Notice).
- Contributor: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge - Gairdner, W.H.T. (william Henry Temple) - Gairdner, W. H. T. (william Henry Temple)
- Date: 1930
Look inside: 96 results
The Ancient Music of the Coptic Church A lecture delivered at the University Church, Oxford, on May 21, 1931.
brochure | 8 ½ x 5 ½ in. ; 12 p. | Brochure (Form).
- Contributor: Printed by the New Temple Press - Newlandsmith, Ernest
- Date: 1931
Look inside: 12 results