Collection Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West Virginia
- Ginseng laid out to air dry.
- Ramp bottoms, in the summer after the leaves have dried.
- Morning mist rising from the coves.
- Richard C. Hutchens at the Upper Big Branch Mine
- Aerial view of Coal River Valley, following Route 3.
- The confluence of Peachtree Creek and Drews Creek.
- Aerial view of Mountaintop Removal, approaching Racine.
- Ray Dickens, Jr. (Left), Kimberly Dickens, and Jeffrey Honaker ...
- Woody Boggs's ramp patch.
- Frying potatoes for the 1995 Ramp Supper on Drews Creek.
- Ray Cottrell and Randy Sprouse (in hat) seine for hellgrammites ...
- Vivian Jarrell's canned goods, produced from her garden, ...
- Mae Bongalis strings beans for drying. The dried beans are ...
- Coal cleaning plant as viewed from the sludge dam. The pond is ...
- Mary Hufford interviewing Everett Lilly.
- Joe Williams digging a ginseng root with his "seng" hoe. The ...
Photos, Prints, Drawing
Bob Kiss, Speaker of the House for the West Virginia Legislature, looking at jar of well water, presented to illustrate the effects of blasting on the water supply
- Contributor: Kiss, Bob - Hufford, Mary
- Date: 1998-04-17