Collection Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West Virginia
- Ginseng laid out to air dry.
- Ramp bottoms, in the summer after the leaves have dried.
- Morning mist rising from the coves.
- Richard C. Hutchens at the Upper Big Branch Mine
- Aerial view of Coal River Valley, following Route 3.
- The confluence of Peachtree Creek and Drews Creek.
- Aerial view of Mountaintop Removal, approaching Racine.
- Ray Dickens, Jr. (Left), Kimberly Dickens, and Jeffrey Honaker ...
- Woody Boggs's ramp patch.
- Frying potatoes for the 1995 Ramp Supper on Drews Creek.
- Ray Cottrell and Randy Sprouse (in hat) seine for hellgrammites ...
- Vivian Jarrell's canned goods, produced from her garden, ...
- Mae Bongalis strings beans for drying. The dried beans are ...
- Coal cleaning plant as viewed from the sludge dam. The pond is ...
- Mary Hufford interviewing Everett Lilly.
- Joe Williams digging a ginseng root with his "seng" hoe. The ...
Results: 1-1 of 1 | Refined by: Part of: Tending the Commons: Folklife and Landscape in Southern West Virginia Remove Contributor: Lively, Kenny Remove
Photos, Prints, Drawing
Kenny Lively, United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) union organizer, being interviewed by Mary Hufford
- Contributor: Hufford, Mary - Lively, Kenny - Eiler, Lyntha Scott
- Date: 1995-09-29