CollectionAaron Copland Collection The first release of the online collection contains approximately 1,000 items that yield a total of about 5,000 images. These items date from 1899 to 1981, with most from the 1920s through...
- Contributor: Kraft, Victor - Copland, Aaron
- Date: 1841
Collection Items: View 982 Items
CollectionThe Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana The collection contains more than 11,100 items. This online release presents over 1,300 items with a over 4,000 images and a date range of 1824-1931. It includes the complete collection of Stern's...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress) - Stern, Alfred Whital
- Date: 1824
Collection Items: View 1,541 Items
CollectionBronislava Nijinska Collection The collection of notable dancer, choreographer and teacher Bronislava Nijinska (1891-1972) contains a diverse variety of materials documenting dance and the arts in the twentieth century. Available here are over 200 collection...
- Contributor: Nijinska, Bronislava
- Date: 1891
Collection Items: View 210 Items
CollectionCoptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody With its roots in Ancient Egyptian music, Coptic Christian chant is one of the oldest liturgical genres still performed today. Drawing on the Ragheb Moftah Collection, this presentation explores some of the...
- Contributor: Wilson, Marian Robertson - Newlandsmith, Ernest - Moftah, Ragheb - Tóth, Margit
- Date: 1926
Collection Items: View 368 Items
CollectionThe Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine in London American actor, singer and comedian Danny Kaye arrives with his wife, Sylvia Fine, for an appearance in London. November 1948. Following the professional lives of...
- Contributor: Dena Pictures, Inc - McDowall, Roddy - Fine, Sylvia - Halsman, Philippe - Kaye, Danny - Kaye (Danny)/Fine (Sylvia) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
Collection Items: View 2,054 Items
CollectionFiddle Tunes of the Old Frontier: The Henry Reed Collection Fiddle Tunes of the Old Frontier: The Henry Reed Collection presents traditional fiddle tunes performed by Henry Reed of Glen Lyn, Virginia. Recorded by folklorist Alan Jabbour in 1966-67, when Reed was...
- Contributor: Jabbour, Alan - Reed, Henry - Glenroy, William - Ricci, Glenn - Reed, Watha - Reed, Gene - American Folklife Center
- Date: 2000
Collection Items: View 292 Items
CollectionThe Gerry Mulligan Collection [Portrait of Gerry Mulligan, ca. 1980s] by William P. Gottlieb. Prints and Photographs Division, Library of Congress. As a saxophonist, composer, arranger and band leader, Gerry Mulligan (1927-1996) is a jazz legend....
- Contributor: Grusin, Dave - Mandel, Johnny - Dankworth, John - Cohn, Al. - Boras, Tom - Handy, George - Forman, Mitchel - McFarland, Gary - Mulligan, Gerry - Holman, Bill - Lee, Julian - Brookmeyer, Bob
- Date: 1940
Collection Items: View 151 Items
CollectionHome Sweet Home: Life in Nineteenth-Century Ohio Before the age of radio, television, and other electronic diversions, families made their own entertainment in the home by playing games, reading aloud, performing plays, and, of course, by making music. Children...
- Date: 1800
Collection Items: View 42 Items
CollectionThe Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America See and Hear American History Through Song "Know the songs of a country and you will know its history for the true feeling of a people speaks through what they sing." –...
- Date: 1581
Collection Items: View 98,253 Items
CollectionMartha Graham at the Library of Congress (clockwise from top left) The Dance: Washington Festival [review]; "Graham Presents Copland's Ballet" [clipping] by Oscar Thompson; A unique dance by Martha Graham [clipping], 1926; [Tangara], photograph of Martha Graham. Dancer, choreographer,...
- Contributor: Barber, Samuel - Riegger, Wallingford - Noguchi, Isamu - Hovhaness, Alan - Emmons, Beverly - Starer, Robert - Horst, Louis - Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance - Graham (Martha) Collection (Library of Congress) - Karan, Donna ... Barber, Samuel - Riegger, Wallingford - Noguchi, Isamu - Hovhaness, Alan - Emmons, Beverly - Starer, Robert - Horst, Louis - Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance - Graham (Martha) Collection (Library of Congress) - Karan, Donna - Tipton, Jennifer - Copland, Aaron - Graham, Martha - El-Dabh, Halim - Lester, Eugene - Weissberger, L. Arnold - Ter-Arutunian, Rouben - Dello Joio, Norman - Hindemith, Paul - Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance - Schuman, William - Martha Graham Dance Company - Rosenthal, Jean - Menotti, Gian Carlo - Skelton, Thomas R.
- Date: 1896
Collection Items: View 1,140 Items
CollectionRoman Totenberg Papers The violinist Roman Totenberg enjoyed an extraordinarily long and varied career. Born on January 1, 1911 in Łódź, Poland, he moved as a child with his family to Moscow where he first...
- Contributor: Totenberg, Roman - Kolsky, Ilka
- Date: 1846
Collection Items: View 125 Items