CollectionElizabeth Cady Stanton Papers The papers of suffragist, reformer, and feminist theorist Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815-1902) cover the years 1814 to 1946, with most of the material concentrated between 1840 and 1902. Consisting of approximately 1,000...
- Contributor: Stanton, Elizabeth Cady
Collection Items: View 168 Items
CollectionWomen of Protest: Photographs from the Records of the National Woman's Party This collection includes 448 digitized photographs selected from approximately 2,650 print photographs in the Records of the National Woman's Party, a collection of more than 438,000 items, housed in the Manuscript Division...
- Date: 1913
Collection Items: View 469 Items
CollectionCarrie Chapman Catt Papers The papers of suffragist, political strategist, and pacifist Carrie Lane Chapman Catt (1859-1947) span the years 1848-1950, with the bulk of the material dating from 1890 to 1920. The collection consists of...
- Contributor: Catt, Carrie Chapman
Collection Items: View 573 Items
CollectionSusan B. Anthony Papers The papers of reformer and suffragist Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906) span the period 1846-1934 with the bulk of the material dating from 1846 to 1906. The collection, consisting of approximately 500 items...
- Contributor: Anthony, Susan (Susan Brownell) - Anthony, Mary S.
Collection Items: View 55 Items
CollectionMary Church Terrell Papers The papers of educator, lecturer, suffragist, and civil rights activist Mary Church Terrell (1863-1954) consist of approximately 13,000 documents, comprising 25,323 images, all of which were digitized from 34 reels of previously...
- Contributor: Terrell, Mary Church
Collection Items: View 767 Items
CollectionBetty Herndon Maury Maury Papers The papers of diarist Betty Herndon Maury Maury (1835-1903) consist of a diary kept by Maury from June 3, 1861, to February 18, 1863. The two-volume diary was scanned from one reel...
- Contributor: Maury, Betty Herndon Maury
- Date: 1861
Collection Items: View 7 Items
CollectionFrontline Diplomacy: The Foreign Affairs Oral History Collection of the Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training Frontline Diplomacy: The Foreign Affairs Oral History Collection of the Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training at the Library of Congress makes available interview transcripts from the oral history archives of the...
- Contributor: Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training. Foreign Affairs Oral History Program - Bentley, Marilyn - Warner, Marie
Collection Items: View 1,730 Items
CollectionClara Barton Papers The papers of nurse, educator, philanthropist, and lecturer Clara Barton (1821-1912) consist of 62,000 items (81,608 images), most of which were digitized from 123 reels of previously produced microfilm. Spanning the years...
- Contributor: Barton, Clara
Collection Items: View 939 Items
CollectionAnna E. Dickinson Papers The papers of lecturer, reformer, actress, and author Anna Elizabeth Dickinson (1842-1932) span the period 1859-1951, but are chiefly concentrated in the years from 1859 to 1911. The collection consists of approximately...
- Contributor: Dickinson, Anna E. (Anna Elizabeth)
Collection Items: View 404 Items
CollectionAmerican Life Histories: Manuscripts from the Federal Writers' Project, 1936-1940 This collection of life histories consists of approximately 2,900 documents, compiled and transcribed by more than 300 writers from 24 states, working on the Folklore Project of the Federal Writers’ Project, a...
- Contributor: United States. Work Projects Administration - United States. Works Progress Administration - Federal Writers' Project - Writers' Program (U.S.)
Collection Items: View 2,847 Items
CollectionAlexander Hamilton Papers The papers of Alexander Hamilton (ca. 1757-1804), first treasury secretary of the United States, consist of his personal and public correspondence, drafts of his writings (although not his Federalist essays), and correspondence...
- Contributor: Hamilton, Alexander - First Church in Albany
Collection Items: View 881 Items
CollectionManuscript Division Web Archive Collection Period: March 30, 2006 to December 2, 2006 and January 1, 2009 to Present (ongoing archive). The Manuscript Division Web Archive includes principally websites of organizations with which the Division has...
- Contributor: Ameen Rihani Organization - American Council of Learned Societies - American Historical Association - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - American Society of Landscape Architects - American Studies Association - Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training - Center for International Private Enterprise - Civil Rights Coalition for the 21st Century - Dr. Frederick A. Cook Society ... Ameen Rihani Organization - American Council of Learned Societies - American Historical Association - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - American Society of Landscape Architects - American Studies Association - Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training - Center for International Private Enterprise - Civil Rights Coalition for the 21st Century - Dr. Frederick A. Cook Society - Freud Museum (London, England) - Historical Society of the District of Columbia Circuit - League of Women Voters (U.S.) - Macdowell Colony (Peterborough, N.H.) - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (U.S.) - National Coalition for History - National Consumers' League - National Council of Jewish Women - National Democratic Institute for International Affairs - National Endowment for Democracy (U.S.) - National Urban League - Navy League of the United States - Phi Beta Kappa - Sigmund Freud Archives - Sigmund Freud Copyrights (Firm) - Sigmund Freud Museum (Vienna, Austria) - Society of Woman Geographers - Solidarity Center (Afl-Cio) - Streit Council for a Union of Democracies - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund - Library of Congress
- Date: 2008
Collection Items: View 34 Items
CollectionAssociated Press News Dispatches, 1915-1930 The collection of news dispatches of the Washington, D.C., Bureau of the Associated Press spans the period 1915-1930 and consists of 375 volumes (387,082 images), housed in 254 boxes, the contents of...
- Contributor: Associated Press. Washington Bureau
Collection Items: View 380 Items
CollectionFrederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress The Frederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress presents the papers of the nineteenth-century African American abolitionist who escaped from slavery and then risked his freedom by becoming an outspoken antislavery...
- Contributor: Douglass, Frederick - Douglass, Helen
Collection Items: View 1,013 Items
CollectionSigmund Freud Papers Digitization of this collection was made possible by The Polonsky Foundation. The papers of psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud (1856-1939) span the years from about the 6th century B.C.E. (a small Greek statue) to...
- Contributor: Freud, Sigmund
Collection Items: View 2,026 Items
CollectionHannah Arendt Papers The papers of the author, educator, and political philosopher Hannah Arendt (1906-1975) are one of the principal sources for the study of modern intellectual life. Located in the Manuscript Division at the...
- Contributor: Arendt, Hannah - Blücher, Heinrich
Collection Items: View 25,001 Items