CollectionBrumfield Collection William C. Brumfield, Professor of Russian Studies at Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, has extensively photographed and written about the wooden architecture of the Russian North, the jumping-off point for the explorers,...
- Contributor: Brumfield, William Craft
- Date: 1987
Collection Items: View 1,139 Items
CollectionCabinet of American Illustration Contains more than four thousand original drawings by American book, magazine, and newspaper illustrators, made primarily between 1880 and 1910. The collection includes illustrations for magazines, novels, and children's books; cartoons; cover...
- Contributor: Beard, Daniel Carter - Elliott, Elizabeth Shippen Green - Fogarty, Thomas - Frost, A. (Arthur Burdett) - Herford, Oliver - Rogers, W. A. (William Allen) - Smedley, W. T. (William Thomas) - Steele, Frederic Dorr - Wright, George Hand - Yohn, F. C. (Frederick Coffay)
- Date: 1830
Collection Items: View 3,927 Items
CollectionDetroit Publishing Company Includes over 25,000 glass negatives and transparencies as well as about 300 color photolithograph prints, mostly of the eastern United States. Subjects strongly represented in the collection include city and town views,...
- Contributor: Detroit Publishing Co. - Jackson, William Henry - Glover. L. S. (Lycurgus S.) - Peabody, Henry G. (Henry Greenwood) - Hart, Edward H. - Johnston, J. S. (John S.) - Byron (Firm : New York, N.Y.)
- Date: 1880
Collection Items: View 25,172 Items
CollectionFederal Theatre Project, 1935 to 1939 This online presentation includes items selected from the Federal Theatre Project Collection at the Library of Congress. Featured here are stage and costume designs, photographs, posters, playbills, programs, and playscripts, including productions...
- Contributor: Gottlieb, William P.
- Date: 1938
Collection Items: View 6,586 Items
CollectionFine Prints: Japanese, pre-1915 The Library's Prints and Photographs Division houses more than 2,500 woodblock prints and drawings by Japanese artists of the seventeenth through early twentieth centuries including Hiroshige, Kuniyoshi, Sadahide, and Yoshiiku. The Library...
- Contributor: Andō, Hiroshige - Utagawa, Hiroshige - Utagawa, Kuniteru - Utagawa, Yoshikazu - Utagawa, Yoshitoyo - Ikkei - Ochiai, Yoshiiku - Utagawa, Yoshitora - Utagawa, Sadahide
- Date: 1615
Collection Items: View 2,661 Items
CollectionGottscho-Schleisner Collection The collection of more than 45,000 items (negatives, transparencies and prints) came to the Library of Congress in the early 1980s. The online collection provides access to 29,000 negatives and color transparencies....
- Contributor: Gottscho, Samuel H. (Samuel Herman) - Schleisner, William H. (William Herman) - Gottscho-Schleisner, Inc
- Date: 1896
Collection Items: View 29,005 Items
CollectionHighsmith (Carol M.) Archive Photographs of landmark buildings and architectural renovation projects in Washington, D.C., and throughout the United States. The first 23 groups of photographs contain more than 2,500 images and date from 1980 to...
- Contributor: Highsmith, Carol M.
Collection Items: View 46,851 Items
CollectionHorydczak Collection The Theodor Horydczak Collection (about 14,350 photographs online) documents the architecture and social life of the Washington metropolitan area in the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s, including exteriors and interiors of commercial, residential,...
- Contributor: Horydczak, Theodor
- Date: 1915
Collection Items: View 14,323 Items
CollectionKorab Collection This selection of almost 800 photographs by Balthazar Korab (b. 1926) documents 19 projects designed by renowned architect Eero Saarinen (1910-1961). Included are corporate headquarters, airports, university facilities, embassies, private residences, churches,...
- Contributor: Korab, Balthazar
- Date: 1937
Collection Items: View 768 Items
CollectionLamb Studios Archive This online presentation offers images of nearly 2,500 design sketches for stained glass windows, murals, mosaics, furnishings, metalwork, and interior architecture. The drawings feature striking watercolors created from the 1860s to the...
- Contributor: J. & R. Lamb Studios
- Date: 1869
Collection Items: View 2,456 Items
CollectionPhotochrom Prints Contains almost 6,000 views of Europe and the Middle East and 500 views of North America. Published primarily from the 1890s to 1910s, these prints were created by the Photoglob Company in...
- Contributor: Photoglob Co. - Detroit Publishing Co.
- Date: 1890
Collection Items: View 7,514 Items
CollectionVisual Image Web Archive Collection Period: April 5, 2006 to November 30, 2006. Like books and magazines in the Library's general collections, this set of websites complements the original and historical visual material held in the...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Prints and Photographs Division
- Date: 2008
Collection Items: View 20 Items