CollectionAfghanistan Web Archive The Afghanistan Web Archive is comprised primarily of websites produced by the Afghan government, specifically the executive branch. Also included are a selection of sites from statistical reporting agencies, banking institutions, universities,...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division
- Date: 2009
Collection Items: View 22 Items
CollectionAmerica at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915 Collection of motion pictures covering work, school, and leisure activities in the United States from 1894 to 1915. Features films of the United States Postal Service from 1903, cattle breeding, fire fighters,...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress) - Library of Congress. Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division
- Date: 2000
Collection Items: View 158 Items
CollectionAmerican Federation of Labor Records Letterpress books containing correspondence of Samuel Gompers, and William Green, presidents of the American Federation of Labor (AFL), and other officials including James Duncan, Gabriel Edmonston, Frank K. Foster, and John McBride....
- Contributor: American Federation of Labor
Collection Items: View 359 Items
CollectionBain Collection The photographs document local, national, and international news events with a special emphasis on people and events in New York City. The range of subjects includes: celebrities, parades, sports events, immigration, political...
- Contributor: Bain, George Grantham - Bain News Service
- Date: 1860
Collection Items: View 41,447 Items
CollectionBusiness in America Web Archive The Business in America Web Archive is a collection of websites of major companies that have appeared on the Fortune 500 list. Today's large corporations communicate to customers, shareholders, and others via...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Science, Technology, and Business Division
- Date: 2015
Collection Items: View 533 Items
CollectionCabinet of American Illustration Drawings and other graphic representations by American illustrators for magazines, novels, children's books, and advertisements. Includes literary and editorial cartoons and illustrations, and poster sketches. Images reflect political, social, and economic conditions,...
- Contributor: Rogers, W. A. (William Allen) - Frost, A. (Arthur Burdett) - Elliott, Elizabeth Shippen Green - Fogarty, Thomas - Herford, Oliver - Steele, Frederic Dorr - Beard, Daniel Carter - Wright, George Hand - Yohn, F. C. (Frederick Coffay) - Smedley, W. T. (William Thomas)
- Date: 1830
Collection Items: View 3,931 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings Contains original drawings and illustrations for political, editorial, and humorous cartoons published by international cartoonists in chiefly American newspapers, magazines, and books. Focus is on politics and government, international relations, with emphasis...
- Contributor: Bartholomew, Charles Lewis - Mauldin, Bill - Johnson, Herbert - Frueh, Alfred Joseph - Berryman, Clifford Kennedy - Cesare, Oscar Edward - Kirby, Rollin - Crockett, Gib - Covarrubias, Miguel - Mahony, Felix - Conacher, John C. - Muḥaṣṣiṣ, Ardashīr - Kelly, Walt - Harrington, Oliver W. (Oliver Wendell)
- Date: 1794
Collection Items: View 5,892 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings: Swann Collection of Caricature and Cartoon Political prints and drawings, satires, caricatures, cartoon strips and panels, and periodical illustrations by more than 500 artists, most of whom are American. Includes images that reflect political and economic conditions, social...
- Contributor: Caroline and Erwin Swann Collection (Library of Congress) - Swann, Erwin
- Date: 1780
Collection Items: View 774 Items
CollectionCartoon Prints, British Primarily satirical prints by British artists and/or publishers to highlight the foibles of politically and socially prominent persons. Also includes some Dutch, French, and German cartoons. Frequently depicted are members of Parliament,...
- Date: 1650
Collection Items: View 950 Items
CollectionEugene Meyer Papers Correspondence, memoranda, minutes, diaries, oral history interviews, speeches, writings, congressional testimony, press statements, family papers, biographical material, financial records, printed matter, scrapbooks, photographs, and other papers relating to Meyer's career as a...
- Contributor: Meyer, Eugene
Collection Items: View 56 Items
CollectionFarm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives A visual encyclopedia of rural and urban conditions and lifestyles in the U.S. and its territories, with some images of Canada and international events. The photographs in this government-sponsored project initially documented...
- Contributor: United States. Farm Security Administration - United States. Office of War Information
- Date: 1935
Collection Items: View 170,906 Items
CollectionFarm Security Administration/Office of War Information Color Photographs Documentary images of life and culture in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Farm Security Administration images focus on rural areas, depicting farming, mining, forestry, migrant labor, children,...
- Contributor: Collins, Marjory - United States. Office of War Information - Jacobs, Fenno - Collier, John - Rosskam, Louise - Feininger, Andreas - Dixon, Royden - Downey, Jack - Wolcott, Marion Post - United States. Farm Security Administration ... Collins, Marjory - United States. Office of War Information - Jacobs, Fenno - Collier, John - Rosskam, Louise - Feininger, Andreas - Dixon, Royden - Downey, Jack - Wolcott, Marion Post - United States. Farm Security Administration - Lee, Russell - Vachon, John - Rous, John - Bransby, David - Siegel, Arthur S. - Rothstein, Arthur - Liberman, Howard - Delano, Jack - Hollem, Howard R. - Sherwood, Mark - Palmer, Alfred T. - Rittase, William M.
- Date: 1939
Collection Items: View 1,623 Items
CollectionInside an American Factory: Films of the Westinghouse Works, 1904 "The Westinghouse Works Collection contains 21 actuality films showing various views of Westinghouse companies. Most prominently featured are the Westinghouse Air Brake Company, the Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Company, and the Westinghouse...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Bitzer, G. W. - American Mutoscope and Biograph Company - Library of Congress. Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division
- Date: 1999
Collection Items: View 39 Items
CollectionInventing Entertainment: The Early Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies
- Date: 1847
Collection Items: View 432 Items
CollectionLewis H. Machen Family Papers Chiefly family correspondence of Lewis H. Machen, relating to personal matters and to national politics prior to the Civil War, especially slavery and the Compromise of 1850, and mentioning John Quincy Adams,...
- Contributor: Machen, James P. - Machen, Arthur Webster - Machen, Lewis H. (Lewis Henry) - Machen, Minnie Gresham - Machen, Emmeline - Gresham, Leroy Wiley - Machen, Caroline Webster
Collection Items: View 41 Items
CollectionThe Life of a City: Early Films of New York, 1898-1906 Collection of early motion pictures derived primarily from the Paper Print Collection of the Library of Congress to form part of the American Memory's digitized historical collections for the National Digital Library...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Library of Congress. Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division - Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress) - Afi/Post (George) Collection (Library of Congress) - Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress) - Afi/Staples (Robert) & Charles (Barbara) Collection (Library of Congress) - Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1897
Collection Items: View 54 Items
CollectionLook Collection The photographs depict mid-20th century American life, culture, and interests, as well as some views of other countries (including Russia, China, Cuba, and India) and international events such as the Vietnam War....
- Contributor: Cowles Communications, Inc
- Date: 1937
Collection Items: View 6,348 Items
CollectionLowell Folklife Project Collection This year-long study conducted by the American Folklife Center yielded an ethnographic collection consisting of 196 hours of sound recordings covering a wide range of subjects and activities, including oral history interviews,...
- Contributor: Rankin, Tom - Taylor, David Alan - Lowell Historic Preservation Commission (U.S.) - Wachs, Eleanor F. - Lueders-Booth, John - Bell, Michael Edward - University of Lowell - American Folklife Center - Bartis, Peter - United States. National Park Service ... Rankin, Tom - Taylor, David Alan - Lowell Historic Preservation Commission (U.S.) - Wachs, Eleanor F. - Lueders-Booth, John - Bell, Michael Edward - University of Lowell - American Folklife Center - Bartis, Peter - United States. National Park Service - Norkunas, Martha K. - Fleischhauer, Carl - Lowell National Historical Park (Lowell, Mass.) - Fertig, Barbara C. - Refugee Arts Group - Montaño, Mario - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - DeNatale, Douglas - Massachusetts Council on the Arts and Humanities
- Date: 1987
Collection Items: View 1,140 Items
CollectionManuscript Division Web Archive The Manuscript Division Archive of Organizational Web Sites includes principally Web sites of organizations with whom the division has an existing relationship. Although diverse in content, they fall into several broad categories....
- Contributor: National Council of Jewish Women - American Studies Association - Sigmund Freud Copyrights (Firm) - Society of Woman Geographers - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund - Sigmund Freud Archives - Library of Congress - Ameen Rihani Organization - Sigmund Freud Museum (Vienna, Austria) - National Consumers' League ... National Council of Jewish Women - American Studies Association - Sigmund Freud Copyrights (Firm) - Society of Woman Geographers - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund - Sigmund Freud Archives - Library of Congress - Ameen Rihani Organization - Sigmund Freud Museum (Vienna, Austria) - National Consumers' League - Phi Beta Kappa - Center for International Private Enterprise - Dr. Frederick A. Cook Society - National Democratic Institute for International Affairs - Macdowell Colony (Peterborough, N.H.) - League of Women Voters (U.S.) - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - Historical Society of the District of Columbia Circuit - Navy League of the United States - American Council of Learned Societies - Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training - National Coalition for History - Solidarity Center (Afl-Cio) - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (U.S.) - National Endowment for Democracy (U.S.) - Civil Rights Coalition for the 21st Century - American Historical Association - American Society of Landscape Architects - National Urban League - Freud Museum (London, England) - Streit Council for a Union of Democracies
- Date: 2008
Collection Items: View 38 Items
CollectionNational Child Labor Committee Collection Photographs focusing on children, showing workers, working and living conditions, and educational settings in the United States between 1908 and 1924. Images depict working conditions in agriculture, home labor, street trades, and...
- Contributor: Hine, Lewis Wickes - National Child Labor Committee (U.S.)
- Date: 1908
Collection Items: View 5,080 Items
CollectionNational Photo Company Collection The National Photo Company Collection documents virtually all aspects of Washington, D.C., life, including inaugurations, sports, landmarks, conventions, and topics of local interest. During the administrations of Presidents Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, and...
- Contributor: National Photo Company
- Date: 1909
Collection Items: View 35,618 Items
CollectionNelson W. Aldrich Papers Correspondence, journal (1906) relating to the Hepburn bill, appointment books (1906-1909), drafts of speeches with related notes and memoranda, personal bank accounts, bills, receipts, and other financial papers, tariff schedules (1880-1894), documents,...
- Contributor: Nichols, Jeannette Paddock - Aldrich, Nelson W. (Nelson Wilmarth) - United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Finance - Stephenson, Nathaniel W. (Nathaniel Wright) - Aldrich, Abby Pearce Chapman
Collection Items: View 64 Items
CollectionOccupational Folklife Project Collection of audio oral history interviews documenting the diverse culture of workers associated with the Port of Houston, Texas, and the Houston Ship Channel. Interviews were conducted from July 2010 to October...
- Contributor: Aalund, Niels Anders - Thibodeaux, Terry James - Quesada, José Angel - Braun, Leo J. - Diehl, William J. - Holland, Benny - Larrimer, George - Seeba, Patrick - Morrell, David C. - Patton, William Benjamin ... Aalund, Niels Anders - Thibodeaux, Terry James - Quesada, José Angel - Braun, Leo J. - Diehl, William J. - Holland, Benny - Larrimer, George - Seeba, Patrick - Morrell, David C. - Patton, William Benjamin - Dickens, Michael W. - Hilliard, Townsend W. - Olsen, Eric Carl - Glass, Matthew H. - Dodd, Harold L. - Potoczniak, Anthony - Gage, Charles H. - Hensley, James J. - Corgey, Dean - Kersey, Bobby C. - Blume, Dana - Henry, Mark - Usher, Michael Gene - King, Charles H. - Fitzgerald, Clyde - Thompson, Robert L. - Vest, Lou C. - Mayville, Donnie D. - Peterson, Betsy - American Folklife Center - Montgomery, Charles R. - Mims, Doug - Martinez, Gilbert - Harris, Timothy C. - Burkett, Joe L. - Bennett, Steven R. - Halbert, David Maurice - Occupational Folklife Project - Shaffer, Harold L. - Lindahl, Carl - Jasper, Pat - Hausinger, William - Keenan, Gordie - Hennessey, William S. - Cooney, James Patrick - Lightsey, Thomas N. - Glass, Leonard - Robb, Alan A. - Paysse, Charlie Lou - Lebert, Lindberg A. - Hilliard, Henry - Ramirez, Gilda - Bludworth, Richard W. - Harris, Eugene - Patout, Rivers - Rousser, C. A. - Tray, James Thomas - Laws, Andrew L. - Houston Arts Alliance - Tellepsen, Tom - Postel, Adolph C.
- Date: 2010
Collection Items: View 303 Items
CollectionPosters: WPA Posters Includes almost half of the posters created by the United States Works Progress Administration, later Work Projects Administration (WPA). Many posters publicize the Depression-era activities of WPA branches such as the Federal...
- Date: 1936
Collection Items: View 947 Items
CollectionSigmund Freud Papers Correspondence, holograph and typewritten manuscripts by Freud and others, patient case files, interviews, notebooks, family papers, genealogical data, legal documents, estate records, exhibit material, photographs and drawings, and other papers documenting Freud's...
- Contributor: Freud, Sigmund
Collection Items: View 2,051 Items
CollectionWorking in Paterson: Occupational Heritage in an Urban Setting The collection consists of manuscripts, sound recordings, photographs, artifacts, publications, and ephemera from an ethnographic field project conducted by the American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, which documented occupational culture in Paterson,...
- Contributor: McCarl, Robert - Smith, Lynda S. - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Taylor, David Alan - Cooper, Martha - American Folklife Center - United States. National Park Service. Mid-Atlantic Regional Office - Lloyd, Timothy Charles - Levitas, Susan - Pascrell, Bill - Lautenberg, Frank R. - Carroll, Thomas Deblasio - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1993
Collection Items: View 4,388 Items
CollectionWorld's Transportation Commission Collection features views of various types of transportation, such as elephants, horses, sledges, sedan chairs, jinrickishas, and railroads, in North Africa, much of southern and eastern Asia, Australia, Oceania, and Russia. Featured...
- Contributor: Jackson, William Henry
- Date: 1894
Collection Items: View 888 Items