CollectionWomen of Protest: Photographs from the Records of the National Woman's Party This collection includes 448 digitized photographs selected from approximately 2,650 print photographs in the Records of the National Woman's Party, a collection of more than 438,000 items, housed in the Manuscript Division...
- Date: 1913
Collection Items: View 469 Items
CollectionCollege Women's Association of Japan Print Show Collection More than 180 artists living and working in Japan created the 212 fine art prints in the College Women's Association of Japan Print Show Collection. The prints, dating primarily from 2003 to...
- Contributor: College Women's Association of Japan
- Date: 1987
Collection Items: View 214 Items
CollectionCivil Rights History Project On May 12, 2009, the U. S. Congress authorized a national initiative by passing The Civil Rights History Project Act of 2009 (Public Law 111-19). The law directs the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Abernathy, Donzaleigh - Abernathy, Juandalynn R. - Abernathy, Ralph David - Ackerman, David M. - Ackerman, Satoko Ito - Adams-Johnson, Frankye - Anderson, Fletcher - Anderson, Cynthia Baker - Anderson, William G. - Arellanes, Gloria ... Abernathy, Donzaleigh - Abernathy, Juandalynn R. - Abernathy, Ralph David - Ackerman, David M. - Ackerman, Satoko Ito - Adams-Johnson, Frankye - Anderson, Fletcher - Anderson, Cynthia Baker - Anderson, William G. - Arellanes, Gloria - Avery, Annie Pearl - Bailey, D'army - Bassett, Emmett W. - Bassett, Priscilla - Bates, Scott - Becton, Julius W. (Julius Wesley) - Bennett, Geraldine Crawford - Blake, Harry - Bond, Julian - Booker, Simeon - Branch, Raylawni G. - Breaux, Toni - Broadway, Louise W. - Brown, Amos C. (Amos Cleophilus) - Brown, Harold K. - Brown, Robert J. - Browner, Clifford - Bruce, Walter - Burns, Julia Matilda - Burras, Carol Cummings - Caldwell, Ben R. - Camarillo, Mateo - Carawan, Candie - Carawan, Guy - Carlos, John - Carter, Robert L. - Churchville, John Elliott - Clark, Robert George - Cleaver, Kathleen - Collins, Barbara Maria - Connor, Peggy Jean - Conway, Purcell Maurice - Cotton, Dorothy F. - Cox, Courtland - Crosby, David L. - Crosby, Patricia A. - Dahmer, Ellie J. - Dahmer, Vernon - Derby, Doris Adelaide - Diamond, Dion T. - Dixon, Aaron Floyd - Dixon, Elmer - Dove, Samuel - Dudley, John F. - Duncan, Gwendolyn Annette - Finney, Ernest A., (Ernest Adolphus) - Fuller, Linda - Funchess, Glenda - Gaither, Thomas Walter - Geiger, Jack - George, Virginia Simms - Glascoe, Myrtle Gonza - Greenberg, Jack - Greene, Freddie - Grinnell, Gloria Claudette - Guster, Leesco - Guyot, Lawrence - Hamilton, Audrey Nell - Hayling, Robert Bagner - Head, Rosie M. - Henderson, Juadine - Hicks, Charles Ray - Hicks, Darryl Robertson - Hicks, Gregory Vincent - Hicks, Robert Lawrence - Hicks, Valeria Payton - Hildreth, Marilyn Luper - Hill, Oliver W. - Holloway, Eddie A. - Holloway, Emma Kate - Holloway, Lucius - Hopkins, Evans D. - Howard, Elbert - Howell, Embry - Howell, Joseph T. - Hrabowski, Freeman A. - Huggins, Ericka - Hutchings, Phil - Jackson, Gertrude Newsome - Jarmon, Charles - Jenkins, Mary F. - Jenkins, Timothy Lionel - Jenkins, Willie Elliot - Jones, Clarence - Jones, James Oscar - Jones, Jamila - Jones, Mary A. - Jones, Nathaniel Hawthorne - King, Lonnie C. - Ladner, Dorie - Ladner, Joyce A. - Lawrence, William M. - Lawson, Jennifer - Leventhal, Willy S. (Willy Siegel) - Long, Worth W. - Lowery, Joseph E. - Lucy, William - Luper, Calvin - Magee, Clarence - Mahone, Sam - Marshall, Cecilia - McCarty, Michael D. - McClary, Robert - McCullar, Johnnie Ruth - McDew, Charles - McKinney, Samuel Berry - McLaurin, Charles - McNichols, Steven - Miller, Carolyn - Miller, Grace H. - Miller, James E. - Moldovan, Alfred - Moore, E. Maynard - Montes, Carlos - Mtume, Norma - Mulholland, Joan Trumpauer - Newson, Moses J. - Noonan, Martha P. - Parker, Wheeler - Patton, Gwendolyn M. - Perry, Matthew J. (Matthew James) - Richardson, Gloria - Richardson, Judy - Robinson, Betty Garman - Robinson, Reginald - Rosenberg, Jean Voelker - Rosenberg, John M. - Roxborough, Mildred Bond - Russell, Bill - Sales, Ruby - Saunders, William - Seeger, Pete - Sellers, Cleveland - Sherrod, Charles - Sherrod, Shirley - Siler, Charles E. - Simmons, Gwendolyn Zoharah - Simpson, Euvester - Smith, Jeanette - Sobol, Anne Buxton - Sobol, Richard - Stewart, Eleanor - Strickland, William - Suggs, Frances L - Suggs, Harold - Terry, Esther M. A. - Thelwell, Michael - Tillow, Kay - Tillow, Walter M. - Todd, Lisa Anderson - Tuttle, Rick - Ulmer, Joeann Anderson - Varela, Maria - Vickers, Barbara Edna - Vivian, C. T. - Walker, Wyatt Tee - Walter, Mildred Pitts - Williams, Cecil J. - Williams, Junius W. - Wright, Simeon - Young, Carrie Lamar - Young, Sam - Zapata, Luis - Zellner, Dorothy - Bishop, John Melville - Branch, Taylor - Cline, David P. - Crosby, Emilye - Dittmer, John - Griffin, Willie James - Jeffries, Hasan Kwame - Mosnier, Joseph - Paysour, Lafleur - Reece, Dwandalyn R. - Sullivan, Patricia - Taylor, Kieran Walsh - Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - National Museum of African American History and Culture (U.S.) - Library of Congress - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Southern Oral History Program
- Date: 2010
Collection Items: View 144 Items
CollectionElizabeth Cady Stanton Papers The papers of suffragist, reformer, and feminist theorist Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815-1902) cover the years 1814 to 1946, with most of the material concentrated between 1840 and 1902. Consisting of approximately 1,000...
- Contributor: Stanton, Elizabeth Cady
Collection Items: View 168 Items
CollectionNational American Woman Suffrage Association Collection The National American Woman Suffrage Association (NAWSA) Collection is a library of nearly 800 books and pamphlets documenting the suffrage campaign that were collected between 1890 and 1938 by members of NAWSA...
- Contributor: Anthony, Susan (Susan Brownell) - Blackwell, Alice Stone - Catt, Carrie Chapman - Howe, Julia Ward - Stanton, Elizabeth Cady - Stone, Lucy - National American Woman Suffrage Association - National American Woman Suffrage Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1800
Collection Items: View 1,935 Items
CollectionCarrie Chapman Catt Papers The papers of suffragist, political strategist, and pacifist Carrie Lane Chapman Catt (1859-1947) span the years 1848-1950, with the bulk of the material dating from 1890 to 1920. The collection consists of...
- Contributor: Catt, Carrie Chapman
Collection Items: View 573 Items
CollectionFrontline Diplomacy: The Foreign Affairs Oral History Collection of the Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training Frontline Diplomacy: The Foreign Affairs Oral History Collection of the Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training at the Library of Congress makes available interview transcripts from the oral history archives of the...
- Contributor: Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training. Foreign Affairs Oral History Program - Bentley, Marilyn - Warner, Marie
Collection Items: View 1,730 Items
CollectionClara Barton Papers The papers of nurse, educator, philanthropist, and lecturer Clara Barton (1821-1912) consist of 62,000 items (81,608 images), most of which were digitized from 123 reels of previously produced microfilm. Spanning the years...
- Contributor: Barton, Clara
Collection Items: View 939 Items
CollectionAmerican Life Histories: Manuscripts from the Federal Writers' Project, 1936-1940 This collection of life histories consists of approximately 2,900 documents, compiled and transcribed by more than 300 writers from 24 states, working on the Folklore Project of the Federal Writers’ Project, a...
- Contributor: United States. Work Projects Administration - United States. Works Progress Administration - Federal Writers' Project - Writers' Program (U.S.)
Collection Items: View 2,847 Items
CollectionAlexander Hamilton Papers The papers of Alexander Hamilton (ca. 1757-1804), first treasury secretary of the United States, consist of his personal and public correspondence, drafts of his writings (although not his Federalist essays), and correspondence...
- Contributor: Hamilton, Alexander - First Church in Albany
Collection Items: View 881 Items
CollectionManuscript Division Web Archive Collection Period: March 30, 2006 to December 2, 2006 and January 1, 2009 to Present (ongoing archive). The Manuscript Division Web Archive includes principally websites of organizations with which the Division has...
- Contributor: Ameen Rihani Organization - American Council of Learned Societies - American Historical Association - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - American Society of Landscape Architects - American Studies Association - Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training - Center for International Private Enterprise - Civil Rights Coalition for the 21st Century - Dr. Frederick A. Cook Society ... Ameen Rihani Organization - American Council of Learned Societies - American Historical Association - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - American Society of Landscape Architects - American Studies Association - Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training - Center for International Private Enterprise - Civil Rights Coalition for the 21st Century - Dr. Frederick A. Cook Society - Freud Museum (London, England) - Historical Society of the District of Columbia Circuit - League of Women Voters (U.S.) - Macdowell Colony (Peterborough, N.H.) - National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (U.S.) - National Coalition for History - National Consumers' League - National Council of Jewish Women - National Democratic Institute for International Affairs - National Endowment for Democracy (U.S.) - National Urban League - Navy League of the United States - Phi Beta Kappa - Sigmund Freud Archives - Sigmund Freud Copyrights (Firm) - Sigmund Freud Museum (Vienna, Austria) - Society of Woman Geographers - Solidarity Center (Afl-Cio) - Streit Council for a Union of Democracies - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund - Library of Congress
- Date: 2008
Collection Items: View 34 Items
CollectionPuerto Rico at the Dawn of the Modern Age: Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century Perspectives The digital collection Puerto Rico at the Dawn of the Modern Age: Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century Perspectives is one component of a collaborative project undertaken by the Library of Congress Hispanic Division and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Hispanic Division - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 2000
Collection Items: View 72 Items
CollectionFrederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress The Frederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress presents the papers of the nineteenth-century African American abolitionist who escaped from slavery and then risked his freedom by becoming an outspoken antislavery...
- Contributor: Douglass, Frederick - Douglass, Helen
Collection Items: View 1,013 Items
CollectionBetty Herndon Maury Maury Papers The papers of diarist Betty Herndon Maury Maury (1835-1903) consist of a diary kept by Maury from June 3, 1861, to February 18, 1863. The two-volume diary was scanned from one reel...
- Contributor: Maury, Betty Herndon Maury
- Date: 1861
Collection Items: View 7 Items
CollectionSusan B. Anthony Papers The papers of reformer and suffragist Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906) span the period 1846-1934 with the bulk of the material dating from 1846 to 1906. The collection, consisting of approximately 500 items...
- Contributor: Anthony, Susan (Susan Brownell) - Anthony, Mary S.
Collection Items: View 55 Items
CollectionCalifornia as I Saw It: First-Person Narratives of California's Early Years, 1849-1900 The collection covers the dramatic decades between the Gold Rush and the turn of the twentieth century. It captures the pioneer experience; encounters between Anglo-Americans and the diverse peoples who had preceded...
Collection Items: View 207 Items
CollectionMary Church Terrell Papers The papers of educator, lecturer, suffragist, and civil rights activist Mary Church Terrell (1863-1954) consist of approximately 13,000 documents, comprising 25,323 images, all of which were digitized from 34 reels of previously...
- Contributor: Terrell, Mary Church
Collection Items: View 767 Items
CollectionPioneering the Upper Midwest: Books from Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, ca. 1820-1910 Portrays the states of Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin from the seventeenth to the early twentieth century through first-person accounts, biographies, promotional literature, local histories, ethnographic and antiquarian texts, colonial archival documents, and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. Rare Book and Special Collections Division - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 1998
Collection Items: View 341 Items
CollectionFarm Security Administration/Office of War Information Color Photographs Photographers working for the U.S. government's Farm Security Administration (FSA) and later the Office of War Information (OWI) between 1939 and 1944 made approximately 1,600 color photographs that depict life in the...
- Contributor: Bransby, David - Collins, Marjory - Collier, John - Delano, Jack - Dixon, Royden - Downey, Jack - Feininger, Andreas - Hollem, Howard R. - Jacobs, Fenno - Lee, Russell ... Bransby, David - Collins, Marjory - Collier, John - Delano, Jack - Dixon, Royden - Downey, Jack - Feininger, Andreas - Hollem, Howard R. - Jacobs, Fenno - Lee, Russell - Liberman, Howard - Palmer, Alfred T. - Rittase, William M. - Rosskam, Louise - Rothstein, Arthur - Rous, John - Sherwood, Mark - Siegel, Arthur S. - Vachon, John - Wolcott, Marion Post - United States. Farm Security Administration - United States. Office of War Information
- Date: 1939
Collection Items: View 1,623 Items
CollectionPrinted Ephemera: Three Centuries of Broadsides and Other Printed Ephemera The collection contains, among other materials, posters, playbills, songsheets, notices, invitations, proclamations, petitions, timetables, leaflets, propaganda, manifestos, ballots, tickets, menus, and business cards. There are more than 28,000 items in the collection...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. Rare Book and Special Collections Division - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Printed Ephemera Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2000
Collection Items: View 10,178 Items
CollectionJohnston (Frances Benjamin) Collection NEW! See Gardens and Historic Houses in more than 1,000 hand-colored photos Collection Overview: Lantern Slides for Garden & Historic House Lectures Frances Benjamin Johnston (1864-1952) was one of the first American...
- Contributor: Johnston, Frances Benjamin
- Date: 1864
Collection Items: View 3,124 Items
CollectionFarm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black-and-White Negatives The photographs of the Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection form an extensive pictorial record of American life between 1935 and 1944. This U.S. government photography project was...
- Contributor: United States. Farm Security Administration - United States. Office of War Information
- Date: 1935
Collection Items: View 170,901 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings: Herblock Collection Herbert L. Block (1909-2001), known to the world as Herblock, was one of the most influential political commentators and editorial cartoonists in American history. His long chronicle of major social and political...
- Contributor: Block, Herbert
- Date: 1930
Collection Items: View 9,101 Items
CollectionGoldstein Foundation Collection--Prints and Drawings This category consists of all of the individually issued prints and drawings in the Ben and Beatrice Goldstein Foundation Collection: 1,688 items dating primarily from the 1880s to the 1960s. The collection...
- Date: 1800
Collection Items: View 159 Items
CollectionSigmund Freud Papers Digitization of this collection was made possible by The Polonsky Foundation. The papers of psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud (1856-1939) span the years from about the 6th century B.C.E. (a small Greek statue) to...
- Contributor: Freud, Sigmund
Collection Items: View 2,026 Items
CollectionCaptain Pearl R. Nye: Life on the Ohio and Erie Canal Captain Pearl R. Nye: Life on the Ohio and Erie Canal captures the culture and music of the men, women, and children who worked and lived along the Ohio and Erie Canal....
- Contributor: Lomax, John A. (John Avery) - Lomax, Alan - Nye, Pearl R. - Archive of American Folk Song - American Folklife Center - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 1937
Collection Items: View 140 Items
CollectionFine Prints: Japanese, pre-1915 The Library's Prints and Photographs Division houses more than 2,500 woodblock prints and drawings by Japanese artists of the seventeenth through early twentieth centuries including Hiroshige, Kuniyoshi, Sadahide, and Yoshiiku. The Library...
- Contributor: Andō, Hiroshige - Utagawa, Hiroshige - Utagawa, Kuniteru - Utagawa, Yoshikazu - Utagawa, Yoshitoyo - Ikkei - Ochiai, Yoshiiku - Utagawa, Yoshitora - Utagawa, Sadahide
- Date: 1615
Collection Items: View 2,661 Items
CollectionPosters: Yanker Poster Collection The Yanker Poster Collection includes more than 3,000 political, propaganda, and social issue posters and handbills, dating 1927-1980. Most posters are from the United States, but over 55 other countries and the...
- Contributor: Yanker, Gary
- Date: 1927
Collection Items: View 5,443 Items
CollectionLomax Collection The collection includes 400 snapshot photographs made in the course of sound recording expeditions carried out by John Avery Lomax, Alan Lomax, and Ruby Terrill Lomax, between 1934 and ca. 1950 for...
- Contributor: Lomax, John A. (John Avery) - Lomax, Alan - Lomax, Ruby T. (Ruby Terrill) - Archive of American Folk Song
- Date: 1934
Collection Items: View 451 Items
CollectionCarnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South Noted architectural photographer Frances Benjamin Johnston (1864-1952) created a systematic record of early American buildings and gardens called the Carnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South (CSAS). This collection, created primarily...
- Contributor: Johnston, Frances Benjamin - Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Date: 1864
Collection Items: View 6,965 Items
CollectionNational Child Labor Committee Collection Working as an investigative photographer for the National Child Labor Committee (NCLC), Lewis Hine (1874-1940) documented working and living conditions of children in the United States between 1908 and 1924. The NCLC...
- Contributor: Hine, Lewis Wickes - National Child Labor Committee (U.S.)
- Date: 1908
Collection Items: View 5,079 Items
CollectionSeptember 11, 2001, Documentary Project Flight Attendant. Photo by David A. Taylor, September 2001. September 11, 2001, Documentary Project Collection, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress The September 11, 2001 Documentary Project captures the reactions, eyewitness accounts,...
- Contributor: Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - American Folklife Center - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 2001
Collection Items: View 267 Items
CollectionLook Collection The Look Magazine Photograph Collection is a vast photographic archive created to illustrate Look Magazine and related publications produced by companies founded by Gardner Cowles. The cataloged portion of the collection totals...
- Contributor: Cowles Communications, Inc
- Date: 1937
Collection Items: View 6,226 Items
CollectionHarris & Ewing Collection Background and Scope of the Collection The Harris & Ewing, Inc. Collection of photographic negatives includes glass and film negatives taken by Harris & Ewing, Inc., which provide excellent coverage of Washington...
- Contributor: Harris & Ewing
- Date: 1905
Collection Items: View 41,542 Items
CollectionCarpenter Collection The more than 15,000 images in the Frank and Frances Carpenter Collection represent the extensive photographic files assembled by Frank G. Carpenter and his daughter Frances to illustrate his popular writings on...
- Contributor: Carpenter, Frank G. (Frank George) - Carpenter, Frances
- Date: 1880
Collection Items: View 1,813 Items