Collection Items: View 440 Items
Collection Items: View 91 Items
CollectionWorld War I Centennial Web Archive The World War I Centennial Web Archive is a collection of websites presenting various projects and events commemorating the 100th anniversary of the United States involvement in the First World War. It...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. Researcher and Reference Services Division - Library of Congress
- Date: 2014
Collection Items: View 50 Items
CollectionAmerican Leaders Speak: Recordings from World War I The Nation's Forum Collection at the Library of Congress consists of 59 acoustic recordings of speeches, delivered without a public audience solely for the purposes of preserving the speakers' voices. With two...
- Contributor: Wood, Leonard - Daniels, Josephus - Rockefeller, John D., (John Davison) - Hitchcock, Gilbert M. (Gilbert Monell) - Coolidge, Calvin - Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano) - Poindexter, Miles - Hays, Will H. (Will Harrison) - White, George - Baker, Newton Diehl ... Wood, Leonard - Daniels, Josephus - Rockefeller, John D., (John Davison) - Hitchcock, Gilbert M. (Gilbert Monell) - Coolidge, Calvin - Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano) - Poindexter, Miles - Hays, Will H. (Will Harrison) - White, George - Baker, Newton Diehl - Clark, Champ - Lane, Franklin K. - McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs) - Long, Breckinridge - Owen, Robert L. (Robert Latham) - De Valera, Éamon - Pershing, John J. (John Joseph) - Gerard, James W. (James Watson) - Palmer, A. Mitchell (Alexander Mitchell) - Cummings, Homer S. (Homer Stillé) - Purdy, Richard A. (Richard Augustus) - Lodge, Henry Cabot - Gompers, Samuel - Robinson, Corinne Roosevelt - Butler, Nicholas Murray - Colby, Bainbridge - Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel) - Wise, Stephen S. (Stephen Samuel) - Lewis, James - Vanderlip, Frank A. (Frank Arthur) - Cox, James M. (James Middleton)
- Date: 1918
Collection Items: View 97 Items
CollectionPosters: World War I Posters WWI posters. Among these 800 posters the major themes include recruitment and enlistment, fund raising through liberty loans, communications, medical and social aspects, economic and industrial aspects. Some posters also represent the...
- Date: 1914
Collection Items: View 1,870 Items
CollectionCabinet of American Illustration Drawings and other graphic representations by American illustrators for magazines, novels, children's books, and advertisements. Includes literary and editorial cartoons and illustrations, and poster sketches. Images reflect political, social, and economic conditions,...
- Contributor: Rogers, W. A. (William Allen) - Frost, A. (Arthur Burdett) - Elliott, Elizabeth Shippen Green - Fogarty, Thomas - Herford, Oliver - Steele, Frederic Dorr - Beard, Daniel Carter - Wright, George Hand - Yohn, F. C. (Frederick Coffay) - Smedley, W. T. (William Thomas)
- Date: 1830
Collection Items: View 3,931 Items
CollectionWarren G. Harding-Carrie Fulton Phillips Correspondence Chiefly letters written to Phillips by Warren G. Harding before and during his service as U.S. senator from Ohio as well as drafts of and notes for correspondence written by Phillips. Subjects...
- Contributor: Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel) - Phillips, Carrie Fulton
Collection Items: View 33 Items
CollectionBain Collection The photographs document local, national, and international news events with a special emphasis on people and events in New York City. The range of subjects includes: celebrities, parades, sports events, immigration, political...
- Contributor: Bain, George Grantham - Bain News Service
- Date: 1860
Collection Items: View 41,447 Items
CollectionPolish Declarations of Admiration and Friendship for the United States, 1926 Volumes compiled under the auspices of the American-Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Poland and the Polish American Society and presented to President Calvin Coolidge in recognition of the 150th anniversary...
- Contributor: American-Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Poland - Polish-American Society
Collection Items: View 117 Items
CollectionMatson (G. Eric and Edith) Photograph Collection Pictures documenting peoples, places, and events in the Middle East from the last years of the Ottoman Empire, through World War I, the British Mandate period, World War II, and the emergence...
- Contributor: Matson Photo Service - American Colony (Jerusalem). Photo Department
- Date: 1898
Collection Items: View 22,061 Items
CollectionWoodrow Wilson Papers Correspondence, speeches, academic lectures, writings, articles, scrapbooks, shorthand notes, memorabilia, and other papers relating chiefly to Wilson's presidential administrations. Subjects include World War I and the Paris Peace Conference, 1919-1920. Correspondents include...
- Contributor: Wilson, Woodrow - Wilson, Edith Bolling Galt
Collection Items: View 1,040 Items
CollectionGladstone Collection of African American Photographs The Gladstone Collection features photographs of African Americans and related military and social history. The Civil War era is the primary time period, with scattered examples depicting African Americans in the military...
- Contributor: Gladstone, William A. - Kimball, M. H. - M'clees, Jas. E. (James E.) - Kellogg Brothers - Ball, James Presley - Paxson, Chas. (Charles) - Moore, Henry P. - McPherson & Oliver
- Date: 1861
Collection Items: View 330 Items
CollectionJohn J. Pershing Papers Correspondence, diaries, speeches, statements, writings, notebooks, orders, biographical material, clippings, scrapbooks, printed matter, maps, posters, photographs, and other papers primarily documenting Pershing's career in the U.S. Army, especially as commander-in-chief of the...
- Contributor: Pershing, John J. (John Joseph) - Pershing, Helen F. (Helen Frances)
Collection Items: View 91 Items
CollectionRobert Lansing Papers Correspondence, memoranda, reports, resolutions, desk diaries, book manuscripts, speeches, scrapbooks, clippings, printed material, memorabilia, photographs, and other papers relating chiefly to Lansing's years (1914-1920) as counsel to the Department of State and...
- Contributor: Lansing, Robert
Collection Items: View 24 Items
CollectionAmerican Colony in Jerusalem, 1870-2006 Correspondence, diaries, minutes, notes, hymns, financial and legal records, scrapbooks, printed matter, photographs, photograph albums, and other papers relating to the history of the American Colony and its members, particularly the Spafford,...
- Contributor: Spafford, Anna T. - Spafford, Horatio Gates - American Colony (Jerusalem) - Vester, Bertha Spafford
Collection Items: View 131 Items
CollectionTheodore Roosevelt Papers Correspondence, memoranda, diaries, drafts of speeches and writings, subject files, newspaper clippings, and other papers pertaining chiefly to Roosevelt's service as U.S. assistant secretary of the navy (1921-1924) under Warren G. Harding...
- Contributor: Roosevelt, Theodore - Roosevelt, Eleanor Butler
Collection Items: View 853 Items
CollectionPosters: Spanish Civil War Posters Items from this poster collection are sponsored by all factions in the Spanish Civil War including Republican, anti-Republican groups (including the Falange, party of Francisco Franco), trade unions, Catalonian nationalists and various...
- Contributor: F.A.I. (Organization : Spain) - Spain. Ministerio De Instrucción Pública Y Sanidad - Puyol, Ramón - Hinsberger, Aleix - Fontseré, Carles - Catalonia (Spain). Comissariat De Propaganda - Falange Española. Jefatura Nacional De Prensa Y Propaganda. Seccion Mural - Bardasano, José - Unión General De Trabajadores De España - Confederación Nacional Del Trabajo (Spain)
- Date: 1936
Collection Items: View 126 Items
CollectionAndre Kostelanetz Collection The collection, which documents Kostelanetz's life and 50-plus-year career in the United States, contains musical arrangements, correspondence, subject files, business papers, programs, scrapbooks, clippings, scripts, cue cards, and photographs spanning from 1922...
- Contributor: Kostelanetz, Andre
- Date: 1922
Collection Items: View 185 Items
CollectionEugene Meyer Papers Correspondence, memoranda, minutes, diaries, oral history interviews, speeches, writings, congressional testimony, press statements, family papers, biographical material, financial records, printed matter, scrapbooks, photographs, and other papers relating to Meyer's career as a...
- Contributor: Meyer, Eugene
Collection Items: View 56 Items
CollectionMary Church Terrell Papers Correspondence, diaries, speeches, writings, clippings, printed matter, and other papers focusing primarily on Terrell's career as an advocate of women's rights and equal treatment for African Americans. Subjects include women's suffrage; Equal...
- Contributor: Terrell, Mary Church
Collection Items: View 767 Items
CollectionHannah Arendt Papers Correspondence, speeches and writings, subject files, family papers, clippings, and other papers primarily concerning Arendt's intellectual, social, and professional life as a lecturer and writer after World War II. Subjects include the...
- Contributor: Arendt, Hannah - Blücher, Heinrich